Author Topic: Shower door support while traveling  (Read 11615 times)

Gerald Farris

Re: Shower door support while traveling
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »
Jill,
The discussion above does not pertain to your shower design. It only refers to the Cesana shower with a sliding glass door.

Gerald

Jill Stevens

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 05:25:09 AM »
Thanks Gerald!  I am reading / scanning posts to update my own knowledge-base (I will  at least remember I read something when we have a similar problem, hopefully!).... Our next item will  be tires, just had our generator removed, opened and belt replaced, it was stretched and loose. While it was apart we had most of the other likely to need replacement parts replaced (only about $80 in parts, the labor for removal and taking off all sides? ouch!).... On the way home from Vegas the engine overheated and shut down so now it is at Freightliner to troubleshoot that.  Meanwhile I will take my broken shower latch to our local RV dealer and see if they have a replacement and if not I will call BCS.

Thanks to all our BAC members who keep this forum such a wonderful source of help and knowledge!

George H. Wall

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 02:41:51 PM »
Jill, Your door is like mine, and NOT like the Marquis shower doors.  Henry

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:03 PM »
We use three (3) spring loaded tension rods to hold the door open after our door support rail/roller bar broke in 2010. After 30,000 odd miles they are working fine.  With the door open the weight is supported by the solid glass panel and roller bar;a much stronger set up than traveling with the very heavy door supported by the roller bar alone.