Author Topic: Slide out retraction  (Read 3349 times)

Adam Hicklin

Slide out retraction
« on: June 29, 2013, 05:51:55 PM »
I was loading up the coach this morning for our first big trip of the summer and noticed the tell tale drip of a hydraulic leak.  Further investigation showed that it appeared to be coming from a fitting to one of the slide out hoses. Tried to tighten it but it was tight.  I'm going to try to get it fixed but my question is, if I get the slide out, is there a way to manually retract it?  I think this leak is coming from the retraction line.  The manual says nothing about manually retracting it.

Thanks for your help.

Gerald Farris

Re: Slide out retraction
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 07:19:12 AM »
Adam,
The slide can be manually retracted, but you do not want to do it. Most of the equalizer shafts for the slide have a large nut welded to the shaft so that you can use a long wrench to draw the slide in after you vent the hydraulic fluid out of the actuator cylinder. You can also get several men to push the slide in after venting the cylinder. Then you will need to block the slide in place after manually retracting it because there is nothing to hold it in while traveling if the hydraulic pressure has been released from the cylinder.

Gerald

Adam Hicklin

Re: Slide out retraction
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 07:28:07 AM »
Thanks Gerald. So far so good. Hopefully it will hold until I get home and can get it fixed.