Author Topic: Adjusting Entry Door  (Read 3171 times)

Dick Simonis

Adjusting Entry Door
« on: July 06, 2013, 04:37:30 PM »
I have a small problem with the entry door alignment.  It looks like the top of the door needs to move forward just a smidgen to seal well.....I'm thinking ~ 1/8 inch or so.  As it stands with hard rain and wind, we get a modest leak from the top froward corner and quite a bit of wind noise.  There isn't any obvious adjustment but I'm thinking there must be some way of moving the top.

Also, when we were at BCS last week I looked a some newer coaches and they had dual door latches which looked suspiciously like Beaver recognized a problem and corrected it in later models.  Is there a possibility that an older coach could be retrofitted with the later mechanism.

I appreciate any insight.

Dick

Joel Weiss

Re: Adjusting Entry Door
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »
I had a similar problem and solved it by adding a small piece of vinyl weatherstripping that I actually attached to the piece that already ran across the top of the door.  The extra piece was just enough to stop the small water leak we had (we didn't have a wind noise problem).  The weather strip cost me <$5 at Home Depot and it has stayed in place for more than a year.  I like those kind of repairs!!

Dick Simonis

Re: Adjusting Entry Door
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 06:23:42 PM »
Thanks Joel, I'll look into that.  Do you happen to recall what size you used?

As far as the wind noise goes, I'm thinking that it may have been an artifact of the wind and direction...almost like it got under the flange and pushed the top outwards.

Thanks.

Dick