Author Topic: Interior Lights  (Read 5063 times)

Dennis Crawford

Interior Lights
« on: July 17, 2013, 07:51:46 PM »
You all may know this, but just in case:  One of my interior fluorescent lighting fixtures went bad.  I was going to replace it but it cost over $90.00 to do so.  You can now replace the fluorescent bulbs with LED bulbs.  They fit the fixture perfectly and there is no need to use the ballast.  There is some very minor wiring that has to be done.  I would guess 15 minutes max.

Dennis

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
Re: Interior Lights
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
The LED tube's work great we  have  FEW MEMBERS That have  made the change
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dick Simonis

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 03:11:28 PM »
Quote from: Dennis Crawford
You all may know this, but just in case:  One of my interior fluorescent lighting fixtures went bad.  I was going to replace it but it cost over $90.00 to do so.  You can now replace the fluorescent bulbs with LED bulbs.  They fit the fixture perfectly and there is no need to use the ballast.  There is some very minor wiring that has to be done.  I would guess 15 minutes max.

Dennis

Coincidentally, I'm looked at the exact same thing but haven't decided on a source or color.  My F15/T8 blubs are WW but I'm thinking about going to a "natural white" around 4100K.  

How do you like the light and what color did you end up with.  I don't want to lose and brightness if possible.

Dick

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Dick I use the bright white tubes but I like it, you can add a rheostat to the circuit  my wife likes the warm white in the powder room also the tubes do come with more or less LED strips bottom line I am sure you can find the solution. If you can shop at one of the larger RV supply shows you should be able to find a working display. We did our purchase at the Quartzite Tent show and actually brought them out to the rig to give the a look over before we made the purchase.

Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 05:41:19 PM »
Dick,

I got the white and they are a bit brighter than the older tubes.  I will replace those as they fail.

Dennis

Dick Simonis

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 08:21:40 PM »
Jerry and Dennis, thanks for the info.  I've been searching the internet trying to figure out just what I want as I also need to do the fixture with the two PL bulbs.

I did find an interesting approach on Ebay that I might give a try.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230962511562?item=230962511562&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

The seller just told me he also has a 10 module unit available to $65.00 that is not yet listed on Ebay.  I'm just not sure yet on what color I want although these seem to be a bit higher in temp than the typical WW.  On the other hand he has an unconditional money back policy so the most I could lose is return shipping.  

Now if he can develop a 120 VAC version for my PL fixture that would be real nice.