Author Topic: Girard Awning Power?  (Read 3589 times)

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
Girard Awning Power?
« on: August 16, 2013, 05:31:34 PM »
The large Girard awning on our 2004 Marquis has stopped working.  Local repair facility says that it's getting no power to the motor and none to the switch.  They cannot seem to find where the power is fed from.  Any help would be appreciated.

They mentioned that they think it ties to the ignition so that it retracts when the coach is started but I am not convinced that is accurate.  This same repair facility recently installed a new wind sensor and everything was working for a week or two.  Now nothing.

This coach seems to have electrical gremlins...

Any help is greatly appreciated.  (Thinking I might need a new repair facility...but too far from BCS - darn)

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:25:15 PM by 14 »
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12

Gerald Farris

Re: Girard Awning Power?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 05:38:09 PM »
Rick,
The Girard awning is a 120V awning, so it only works when the inverter is on or when you are hooked up to shore power. Is that the problem?

Gerald

Arden Smith

• BAC Member
  • 98 Monterey 36\' 300 Cat 3126
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 08:02:10 PM »
If you can find the metal j box that the wiring for the awning and sensor goes into, open it and on the circuit card there is a reset button. The reset button is small and kind of hidden behind some components. My j box happens to be above the door behind a wooden panel.
Arden Smith
98 Monterey 36' 3126 300 CAT

Rick Vyncke

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:27 PM »
Thanks Gerald but that's not the issue.

The dealership tells me that it needs a new control board???  $850 part plus labor?  They say it's getting power in but nothing coming out.  If it has a reset button that could be the issue...

Is the j box located near the box that contains the thermal override?   We initially had a problem where it would extend but when retracting would only come in about foot and then stop.  Girard suggested bypassing the thermal override which is located behind a panel in the cabinet above the couch.  Can you tell me which cabinet the j box is located in?

Can you tell me where the control board is located?

Thank You!
Rick V
2004 Beaver Marquis, Garnet (3 slides)
43'
C12