Author Topic: ABS Testing  (Read 5340 times)

Steve Adams

ABS Testing
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:07:18 AM »
After our recent service Pacific Power Products was unable to test the ABS system (light on dash is on) as their reader did not have the correct software needed for my particular system.

I'm looking for someplace near I-5 on the way to the rally in Canyonville that might be able to troubleshoot this for us. Any ideas? I would prefer not to have to go to Bend for this one item.

Thanks, Steve

Dick Simonis

Re: ABS Testing
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 04:03:37 PM »
You might give the Monaco Service Center in Coburg a call.

Edward Buker

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »
I believe our ABS systems are made by Arvin Meritor but I am not completely sure of that and you may want to check yours. Someone may want to chime in here if they know who made our system, for some reason Bendix keeps coming up in my mind but that may be another vehicle that I have owned.

The customer service info is as follows if it is an AM system...ArvinMeritor Customer Service. Center, 800-535-5560. That was listed in an ABS Installation PDF file. Seems like they could help you with info on service locations along I5.

Later Ed

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 05:12:53 PM »
Steve,

Somewhere in my foggy brain, I seem to recall the ABS light comes on as a result of one of the wheel sensors coming loose or a wire to it   disconnecting.  You may check those connections first for an easy fix, before seeking service.

Larry

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:11:51 PM »
Hi Steve.  There are a slew of Peterson CAT locations between Longview and where you're headed.  I have been treated right by the one in Redmond (not on your route).

http://www.petersoncat.com/about-us/locations

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Larry Fisk

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 03:39:49 PM »
I had the same problem and it ended up being what the other Larry said. One sensor had simple lost a connection. Just reconnected where it belonged and no more troubles. Hope your fix is just that easy.
Larry Fisk
Larry Fisk
2005 Patriot Thunder 40 ft.
525 (C-13) CAT Engine

Keith Oliver

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2013, 09:56:20 PM »
I too had the ABS dash light come on, in my car.  Turned out it was due to a mouse chewing the wire to one of the sensors.  That caused the dash light to be on and disablesd the cruise control.  

Steve Jewell

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2013, 11:13:42 PM »
Steve,

You can retrieve flash codes from your system without a scan tool. The button to do this is more than likely under the cover on the dash by the speedometer. Here is the link for the service manual                     http://www.meritorwabco.com/MeritorWABCO_document/mm30.pdf      If you can"t figure it out send me a private message with your phone number and I will help you.

Steve

Steve Adams

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 05:36:47 AM »
Larry, keith, Joel and Steve,

Thanks for the responses. Steve I PM'd you for more info.

Keith and Larry, when I had it in for service, Pacific Power Products found a misaligned sensor that made the light go off for a few minutes. It came back on during the test drive. They checked all the sensors and wiring connections again and could not make it go off. It was at that point they said their ABS tester did not have the right software to interface with my brake program to do any further troubleshooting.

If there's a mouse in the house he's a stealthy little bugger. No signs of any damage, anywhere so feeling pretty good about that not being the problem but you just never know.

Thanks all,

Steve