Author Topic: Ice Maker Water Line  (Read 4130 times)

Dennis Crawford

Ice Maker Water Line
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:52 PM »
All,

Does anyone know the routing of the ice maker water line on my 2005 Monterey..  I have a small pin hole leak about 6 inches from the solenoid.  Right now my thought is to just spice a new piece of line.  But if the source is easy to reach, I might as well replace the entire line.

Dennis

Forrest King

Re: Ice Maker Water Line
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 12:06:19 AM »
If it is the white line thats goes to the filter it just goes thurght the floor to the filter. The other line on mine is black an goes up the back the ice maker also that line has a wire molded in to the outside. When mine developed a leak I just installed a compression  couping in the line just make sure it is not to brittle from the heat there. Mine was touching the gererator on the back of frige. Hope this helps mine is a 2006 montery

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 11:13:49 AM »
Forest,

It is the white line and it goes through the "reefer flloor" but I don't have a filter.

Dennis

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:06:07 PM »
I have been using coupleing on our plastic line but after three leaks had decided to replace it. Ours runs from the above the water pump in the center of the bay about three feet then up through the floor and over to the refer. Total run of about 6-8 feet total. I have a grandson in law who is an engineer witn Tervis Tumbler in R&D who is checking for alternative tubeing. The tubeing starts at a filter above the water pump.

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 07:47:14 PM »
Hi Dennis, I had the same issue with my 05 and installed a $3 petcock in addition to the coupler. I had another leak later this year and it came in handy. Let me know if you have any luck replacing your line I need to do the same.

Dennis Crawford

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
Larry,

I replaced the entire line.  There are some tricks to this.  If there is anyway you can tie a string around the line at the rear of the reefer and pull that through that will help.  The line goes down into the area where the left drawer (under reefer is).  There were two small nylon wire brackets holding in place.  The other end is at the filter which is in the water pump area.  We fed a stiff piece of wire down from under reefer then slid the new hose over the wire and pulled it thru.  A bit of work, but now I have a new water line.
Let me know if I can help.

Dennis

Brian Sexton

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 01:53:58 AM »
Hi Dennis, Just replaced the whole line on my 2000 Contessa.  Line ran from outside compartment down under the fridge (was able to push line through with coat hanger) into bathroom next to toilet (box out on floor) and under floor to holding tank area and into back of water pump compartment.  
Brian and Chippy Sexton
40' 2000 Beaver Contessa
Cat 3126B
2019 F150 following close behind