Author Topic: Oregon Fuel Prices  (Read 4924 times)

Norm Green

• BAC Member
Oregon Fuel Prices
« on: September 15, 2013, 05:44:09 AM »
We are attending the Seven Feathers Rally and returning to WA on Sunday.  It appears that diesel fuel prices range around 3.79.9, much less than in WA state.  However, I heard that this is not necessarily the price an RV owner would pay because there is additional taxes charged that bring the price closer to $4.00 a gallon.  Can anyone verify this from me?
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Gerald Farris

Re: Oregon Fuel Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 06:02:40 AM »
Norm,
If an Oregon fuel stop advertises diesel fuel at a price with PUC next to the price, that is the tax exempt price for commercial truckers who pay their road use tax in a lump sum. Your price for diesel will be the PUC price plus $.30.

Gerald

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »
Gerald is correct.  When I pulled into Seven Feathers on Wednesday, I filled up before I went to the campground.  I paid $4.09.9 per gallon for diesel.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 11:08:22 PM »
Gerald is correct.  It can be confusing to out-of-staters when driving down the freeway watching signs for fuel centers.  If the price says "PUC" or "with PUC", that's only for commercial customers.  So look for a displayed price without the PUC permit associated with it.

Right now the diesel prices seem cheapest at Safeway or Fred Meyer fuel centers, at least around Portland.  I would expect prices in their other locations to be comparatively less than independents also.  The problem with Gas Buddy is it doesn't necessarily distinguish between price classifications, ie PUC or not.  Fred Meyer Roseburg is west off exit 125, and I think their price may be non-PUC at $3.84, but call them first and ask.  The Fred Meyer and Safeway in Medford look like good candidates too.

Joel
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 11:24:21 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat