Author Topic: Battery cut-out or disconnect switch(es)  (Read 17544 times)

Ron Johnson

Re: Battery cut-out or disconnect switch(es)
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
Regarding the flashing light you might try just turning the inverter\charger off, wait 10 seconds or so then turn it back on again. Wouldn't hurt to turn off and\or unplug TVs and any other 'always on' appliances before doing this.

LarryNCarolynShirk

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
Steve,
Try pushing the flashing warning light button on the inverter panel.  On mine, this stops the beeping, but the flashing light continues for a while, then resets and the charger resumes.  This sems to happen when the charger is working near 100 amps after the batteries have been drawn down.  That is my solution.
Larry

Edward Buker

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 04:54:48 AM »
Steve,

Not sure which inverter you have but it sounds like a Prosine with the LED remote panel. About once every month or two I get an error alarm and the blinking LED. I have tried to get an error code following the procedure in the manual but repeatedly none is stored. This error is a very random event. The only way I can get my system to reset is to first disconnect the AC, using the main power cord or main breaker, and then disconnect both battery + leads (house and chassis). I have battery switches in my case so it is quick and easy. Wait 30 seconds and then reconnect the batteries followed by turning the AC supply to the coach back on. Important....always be sure that the batteries are connected before you power up the inverter/charger by supplying AC to it.

It would appear that there is some logic that gets hung up that cannot be reset at the panel. It may be stray RF or an inductive kick getting to some sense line or into the microcomputer in the unit that hangs it up. Once hung up, the logic is stuck and will need to be rebooted by dropping all power sources. At any rate, this procedure seems to repeatedly work and recover the problem immediately. Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:31:20 AM by 910 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »
Steve-

It appears your model is somewhat different than mine.  My Magnum Energy, Inc., MS Series Inverter/Charger has a "Fault" lamp that lights, with no beep I've ever heard.  The unit goes to Fault mode to protect itself, appliances, and batteries when normal operating parameters are transgressed, such as low batteries, high batteries, AC or DC overload, or excessive inverter heat.  

I would heed the posts from others re. resetting your unit.  You might do an online search for your brand and model of inverter/charger, and try to obtain an owner's manual for it by mail or download and print a pdf of it.  The manufacturer may offer other assistance by email or phone as well.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat