Author Topic: RV Park near Napa  (Read 6906 times)

Ron Langdon

RV Park near Napa
« on: November 04, 2013, 04:31:00 AM »
We are traveling south along I-5. I've not been able to find a park in the Napa-Sonoma area. Anyone have any recommendations? Thank

Roy C Tyler

Re: RV Park near Napa
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 06:43:06 AM »
The only one I have ever stayed at was the fairgrounds in Napa.  Very small but nice.  Not many RV parks in that area.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
Roy, we have stayed at Vineyard RV Park 4985 Midway Road Vacaville, CA 95688 this is not a bad park they have two sections the newer section is on the east side of the park. If your doing wine country this is conveniently located.  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Keith Oliver

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 04:28:14 PM »
Roy:
We have enjoyed staying at wineries on the way south from BC, and will be doing so again in a week or so.  We have joined Harvest Hosts (www.harvesthosts.com) to do so.  Unfortunately the neares HH member wineries are in Lodi, where there are 4 to choose from.  Napa and Sonoma wineries must get so much tourist business they don't need to join HH.

Tim Westman

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »
Ron,

We recently spent two weeks in Napa/Sonoma and stayed at the fairgrounds in Sonoma.  While our preference in the area has always been the Napa fairgrounds, it is often difficult to get reservations.  That was our problem this year so we gave the fairgrounds in Sonoma a try and were pleasantly surprised.  Not spectacular but adequate, very reasonable and in a convenient location.  The sites are all gravel, level and have full hookups.  They do have limited 50 amp sites but are usually only in short supply during fair events.

Tim

Frank Colligan

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »
Another option is the fairgrounds in Calistoga, at the north end of the Napa Valley.  The rate is about $38 for full hook up.  the website is calistogacampground.org
We have stayed here often.  Calistoga is a charming town and you can walk to restaurants, shopping, etc.  Don't miss Sarafonia for breakfast.  

Dwight Wilson

• BAC Member
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:36:08 AM »
Hey Ron,
There is a nice KOA in Petaluma. I know it's not right in the valley but works OK for day trippin with the toad...
It is also an easy drive to San Fran and to Bedega Bay along the coast from there.
Good luck,
Dwight Wilson
Dwight Wilson
Calgary, Alberta
05 Patriot Thunder C13 Cat

Ron Langdon

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 05:33:02 AM »
Thanks everyone for the inputs. It certainly increases the options. Today was a glorious ride from Coburg to Redding. From rain to sunshine. We leave the serenity of PNW for the warmth of the Califnia sunshine.  There was some construction on I-5,but nothing that caused delays.
Thanks again, everyone

Richard Crane

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 05:10:39 PM »
Roy,
The fairgrounds in Calistoga, just north of Napa were ok. They were clean and had all the basics.
Richard Crane 2000 Marquis C12