Author Topic: Advice on Beaver  (Read 5175 times)

Carl Marchant

Advice on Beaver
« on: November 20, 2013, 09:12:53 PM »
I have been a Prevost owner for years and just traded last one and took a Beaver 1998 Patriot in trade. We do not travel as much and the high maint and upkeep did not make sense so we made the move and traded. My question is am I ok with this coach with 67000 miles, 0ne slide and 330 cat. or do I get rid of it? We love the coach except update to larger tv and some other minor changes. Are there any red flags I need to be aware of on the 1998 Patriot? Love your forum and this is my first post so we hope it is done right. Thanks for your response both positive and negative is welcome.

George Harwell

Re: Advice on Beaver
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

Carl, I have an 03 Monterey with almost 103,000 on it and would go anywhere in it today. I do my own maintenance and keep it in excellent condition. Being a retired pilot and mechanic I believe in preventive maintenance. With only 67,000 miles showing it has lots of life left if it has been properly cared for. We have lots of members with coaches like your so expect them to check in with more info on the Patriot. Welcome to the forum, you will really enjoy the help available here.

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 01:40:25 AM »
Our 1997 Patriot has 116,000 and one slide and still has 200,000 in her. Only real difference is yours has a rear radiator that needs to be cleaned if you start to see your engine temp rise under load.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
Carl
We just traded in our 1998 Patriot at Beaver Coach Sales in Bend Or.  My suggestion is that you go to see then first opportunityand have them do a survey of your new rig.   It wont cost much but the trip willbe great and ou can get a proper introduction to your Hurricane heat system and the rear radiator maintenance and other unique aspects so you get started on the right foot.

That said we had ours all over the western US and enjoyed every minute.

Welcome to the Beaver family and forum!

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!