Author Topic: Hosemaster backflow preventer  (Read 3559 times)

Doug Allman

Hosemaster backflow preventer
« on: December 22, 2013, 03:58:14 PM »
On the Hosemaster does anyone know if there is a backflow preventer valve installed?  2004 Beaver Marquis.

We now have to put a plug in the hose end so that when the pump is on water does not flow out of the hose. Did not do this for the first couple of months we had unit but now does always.

Or did Beaver install a backflow preventer in the water line prior to the Hosemaster unit connection?

None of this is easy to get at so any help is appreciated before we make attempt to repair.

Norm Green

• BAC Member
Re: Hosemaster backflow preventer
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:47 PM »
Doug,  I had the same problem on my 08 and I did replace the plastic back flow device shortly after I bought the coach.  I replaced it with a brass unit I picked up at an RV parts retailer.  Mine was located near the water pump.  Easy fix.
Norm & Cynthia Green
Franklin, TN
2018 Entegra Cornerstone 45W
Previous, four different Beaver coaches

Doug Allman

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 05:38:27 PM »
Thanks Norm, I will look there.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 02:13:46 AM »
On the Patriot not sure how it was factory done but when I got it there was a Watts reg cobbled onto the board where there might have be a check valve. Removed the reg and installed a inline check valve, I used a 3/4" inline pvc check valve that you can get at any Lowes or Homedepot.