Author Topic: Waste Master Sewer Hose  (Read 5886 times)

Lee Welbanks

Waste Master Sewer Hose
« on: January 03, 2014, 03:00:04 AM »
Last summer I goofed and melted a hole in my sewer hose with the Aqua Hot exhaust, temp repaired with a coupler and black pipe wrap tape. Ordered new hose from Doug at Drain Master in Holister, Ca. Carried it around until we got back here in Az. because I didn't have two chain wrenches to fit the 3" threaded fitting.

The hardest part was carefully cutting the silicone away from the hose door. You have to remove the steel guard comes out easy, held in place with sheet metal screws top and bottom. Have to remove the outside door which holds one end of the storage tube, then you can pull out the storage tube and pull the hose out. Next took a heat gun and warmed up the 3" threaded connection and used two chain wrenches to un-screw the hose. Bad things could happen it you wrench to hard on the female fitting and elbow, just a word of warning.

Installation of new hose was a reverse process apply a good amount of pipe dope on the threads. Hardest part is the get the sheet metal guard back in place, it hits on the shock mounts, I used my little 1 ton hyd jack and some blocks to get it up in place. I replaced the old screws with a size larger as most of them were stripped out.
Used black silicone to fill in around the outside door, not painted orig color but way down there nobody will notice.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:56:01 PM by 5 »

Lee Welbanks

Re: Waste Master Sewer Hose
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 02:48:35 AM »
A New update Drain Master sewer hose:

When we got back in Oct I noticed that my sewer hose was starting to leak at the fixed end. Of course you cannot see it because of the sheet metal cover. First raise and block coach up, remove metal cover, fill waste hose with water from nozzle end, not leaking at the 3" threaded end its leaking form the collar, next thing the hose blew off the end fitting, well not we know where the leak is. Called Drainmaster and  spoke with Sharyl who I ordered the hose from last year. Sent her a couple of pics and bingo new hose on the way, seem the first edition of the new hose design was not quite up to snuff. Received the new hose and installed and all put back together, I do hope this one lasts a little longer, cause I'm getting to good and R & R'ing these.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 05:34:16 AM »
Lee,
Little drips are manageable. Prior to going to the Kerrville rally I had my tank valves and cap replaced at a local shop. Everything looked good until I decided to dump the tanks at the end of the rally and found that the shop had reversed the switch wiring. Both valves had been open with the switches in the closed position but the new cap had sealed the system until I opened it. What a way to end a great rally. Learned a lesson though; always check the shops' work BEFORE hitting the road.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 02:51:07 PM »
Steve,

I guess that is why I do all my own maintenance, at least all that I can handle. The Drain Master system o this Beaver is pretty good except they installed the dump valves horizontal (flat) which is a no no, causes the gear works of the valve to get fouled with water. One great thing is there is a clear plastic section at the nozzle end so you can tell when the hose is empty or your drain out is clear. Also the valve on the nozzle is leak tight, should be that hose runs $200. The system works great could be a little longer but they are limited by the collapsed length across the coach. I took the old hose and removed the plastic nozzle end and got a regular right angle connector at Walmart the other end press fits the nozzle end perfectly so now I have a extension I can add and give me almost 40' if needed.