Author Topic: Water Pump  (Read 3937 times)

Matthew Harger

Water Pump
« on: February 16, 2014, 09:50:55 PM »
After a trip this weekend I noticed my water pump is acting strange. Which I flick the water pump switch "on" the pump starts and makes a constant motor sound,  even when a faucet is not turned on the motor sound is constant.   It does not seem to be shutting off at all unless I flick the switch to turn it off.  When the pump is turned back on the sound is constant again and I have only a trickle flow of water?  Is it time for a new water pump and where might I find it on the 1998 Patriot to replace.?

Also, the water temp gauge on the dash is none functional.  The gauge in the rear bay works, as does the water temp on the magnum computer....has anyone had to fix one of these on the dash ?

Thanks

Joel Weiss

Re: Water Pump
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
Are you sure that the fill knob on your water control panel is completely closed?  The pump on with low flow behavior can occur if it is not.

Matthew Harger

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 10:38:52 PM »
Thank you Joel, That solved it.  The newbie learns something about the new coach everyday!!  Thx

Gerald Farris

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:51:27 AM »
Matt,
The dash mounted temperature gauge uses a different sending unit than the dash mounted monitoring unit because the monitoring unit is reading information directly from the ECM (engine control module). An inoperative dash temperature gauge is usually caused by a poor connection or broken wire, and this is highly likely in you case because I think that the temperature gauge in the RR bay uses the same sending unit that your dash gauge does. However, there is a chance that the gauge itself is bad, but it does not fail near as often as the wires and connectors. The only way to determine the problem is just old fashion trouble shooting.    

Gerald

Larry Fritz

• BAC Member
  • 98 Patriot Ticonderoga - 37' Blue/White, 3126B CAT
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:28:38 AM »
Mathew, the fresh water pump on our 98 Patriot 37' Ticonderoga is located on the passenger side in a framed box  visible when you open the rearmost large cargo bay door.

I suggest you investigate that area since you can drain your lines and change your icemaker filter which is also in that cavity.

I am glad that Joel's response has solved your problem.

Larry Fritz
Larry Fritz

Matthew Harger

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 07:50:32 AM »
Thank you Gerald & Larry.....of course I dug around after posting earlier and found the box you're referring to Larry.  Opened it up and voila...  There everything was...looks like a couple of the filters and such could stand for a cleaning or replacing.