Author Topic: Roman Shades  (Read 4529 times)

Mike n Marina Wolfgram

Roman Shades
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:13:04 PM »
We need to get our roman shades cleaned and adjusted.  Do not know how to take them down so looking for any help or ideas.
Thanks,
Marina Wolfgram ;)

Roy C Tyler

Re: Roman Shades
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 05:47:37 PM »
Marina
I found this on another forum:
Push the shades all the way up. using both hands grab the top of the shade and pull and twist the outside edge downward to release the shade from the snap in type mounts. Many times the coach builders will just screw through them up into the valance.

Glenda Farris Co-Admin

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 06:34:42 PM »
Marina, since they are electric, I haven't taken them down to clean, I just vacuum them regularly and spot clean with diluted oxyclean.  Yours are probably silk like ours.

As far as adjusting, the top of the shades are velcro and you can pull them loose to expose the electric roller.  We have made adjustments to ours a couple of times.  Hard to explain.   :)   Look for the thin nylon cord and see if you can adjust it at the roller.

Glenda   8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 03:31:25 PM by 5 »

Carol Moffett

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 12:21:52 PM »
Dear Glenda, Marina and all other ingenious people reading this!
    My Roman shades also need adjusting.  The day blinds were easy as there is easy access to the roller but the Roman shades are a different animal!  It seems that the roller for these are encased in a box that has no visible access at all.  Very frustrating as you can imagine.  I am going to attempt the seemingly impossible, sometime soon, and investigate further...unless you or some other handy person has acomplished this task and can give me some pointers???  lol!
All help appreciated!
Thank you!
Carol Moffett (better half of Keith)
Totally Gorgeous, 45ft 2007 Patriot Thunder "ZOLA"
CAT C-13
2006 Ford Explorer Ltd, as toad
  :^3=~