Author Topic: Extended Warranty  (Read 4254 times)

George Morlan

• BAC Member
Extended Warranty
« on: April 28, 2014, 08:06:41 PM »
Has anyone had experience with ProTrek extended warranty?  I have a proposal from them to extend the warranty on my 2007 Contessa. There are a limited number of posts on the FMCA board and what is there is positive.

Larry Williams

Re: Extended Warranty
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »
Quote from: George Morlan
Has anyone had experience with ProTrek extended warranty?  I have a proposal from them to extend the warranty on my 2007 Contessa. There are a limited number of posts on the FMCA board and what is there is positive.

I would be interested in the response also. I bought a policy from them through a broker when I bought my rig in January. I will try using it for the first time in two weeks when I go to BCS for some repairs.

Larry Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 05:48:11 PM »
I have an update on using this policy. I have a 3 year "diamond" policy that is "bumper to bumper" ($200 deductible). I bought it through a broker when I bought my 2003 Beaver in January. Basically they cover most things except existing problems at policy purchase. They required an inspection.

I used it this week for the first time at BCS. It was easy for BCS to get authorization via a phone call with no adjuster visit necessary. They covered the three items (backup camera, Aladdin black/grey tank sensors and new hydraulic lines for the front slides). The only twist was they covered a maximum of $80/hr labor and BCS charges $120/hr.

So, bottom line I am pleased with the coverage and ease of use. The labor rate issue is not good, but considering what I paid for the coverage ($4500 for 3 years), I am not unhappy.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:23:12 PM by 21337 »

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 06:10:39 PM »
 ;)I purchased through SHu ate BCS, since I take my coach there for just about every service I need. He does all the wheeling and dealing for me...I SLEEP GOOD AT NIGH!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:37:45 PM by 235 »