Author Topic: aqua hot recommended service  (Read 8515 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
aqua hot recommended service
« on: July 28, 2014, 11:28:19 AM »
Hey Orman, how often should this be done?  Ours was done last fall in Canyonville and it included burn chamber and all so it was thurough.  Also did the computer controler at that time so it should be good after very limited use last winter.  Dont you think?
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bill Sprague

Re: aqua hot recommended service
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 02:56:27 PM »
Quote from: Keith Moffett
Hey Orman, how often should this be done?  Ours was done last fall in Canyonville and it included burn chamber and all so it was thurough.  Also did the computer controler at that time so it should be good after very limited use last winter.  Dont you think?
Keith
Keith,
The recommendation, and usual habit, is to get annual service.  However, I've gone well beyond that when it was not convenient to get service.  I think the key is using it frequently.   As I recall, you keep yours parked near your house, so try to fire it up every week or two if you are not on the road.  Even if you winterize with pink juice, you can still run it as a furnace.  

Orman Claxton

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
Keith,
Aqua-Hot recommends annual service, Kinda  help to know all is well
What was wrong with the controller?
A bit of advise to everyone
Anytime you have a major component replaced, request the old part

Les Brandt

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 05:27:03 AM »
Quote from: Orman Claxton
Keith,
Aqua-Hot recommends annual service, Kinda  help to know all is well
What was wrong with the controller?
A bit of advise to everyone
Anytime you have a major component replaced, request the old part

Good advise Orman.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 10:00:55 PM »
Had the service done at the canyonville rally.  Seemed like he did a good job but AH would not run so he replaced the computer.
Didnt think to keep the old controler.
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

KC Snellgrove

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2014, 04:29:09 PM »
Why keep the old part? Just learning guys!  :B KC Snellgrove, 2005 Beaver Montery

Keith Duner

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 04:49:54 PM »
Just an FYI, I had John Carrillo come out to the house last week (we live along the Front Range in Colorado) and he replaced a leaking AH Stir Pump and performed the annual service.  I've never had the pleasure of meeting Orman Claxton, but John has always been easy and fair to deal with too.

Edward Buker

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 05:11:25 PM »
KC,

When you ask for the old part there is an extra level of assurance that the part really did get replaced. If you know the tech and trust the outfit then it is less important. You also get the chance to compare the new to the old if you have trouble to see that the right part went in. There are some cases like with the burner controller that an outfit could rebuild the old one so you could have a spare. They offer $100 trade in on your older controller. They note at this site about the heat issue causing failure. I posted on the forum a mod that I did where I moved the burner controller to the outside of the Aqua Hot cabinet. That should save $ in the future, these controllers are priced like gold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuilt-Webasto-Aqua-Hydro-Hot-controller-module-box-/251027799828

Mod info...

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1384789617/s-0/highlight-mounting+controller/#num0

I suppose you could also be charged for a new one and find that a rebuilt was being substituted which you may be able to find out comparing the old to the new. Besides you get to build a big junk pile of old parts to play with later :-)

Later Ed

Orman Claxton

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 06:26:28 AM »
It is just a few unscrupulous people out there who just want to throw parts, make extra money,
(as in "Dang, that did not work, lets try something else" )
meanwhile you are paying for a part he will sell someone else.
For instance, I had a customer who paid $1600.00 for a coolant change, that was a 16 gal system. that is 8 gal. Boiler coolant, 8 gal, distilled water. Approximately a $300.00 parts cost.
 Every one please feel free to call me if you have ANY doubt
Thanks