Author Topic: Cable tv  (Read 5404 times)

Dan Murphy

Cable tv
« on: February 26, 2014, 11:44:17 PM »
We have a new to us 2009 Beaver Contessa. I have gotten a lot of help so far and I sure do appreciate your efforts!
I have yet been able to get any type of cable tv signal in the parks we have camped in that have it available.
I have the satellite going now and I get the OTA signals but no cable!
I cannot find any kind of switch box like we had before that had different input labels like sat,aux,cable,etc

The park says to turn off the antenna booster but I can't find that either.
Can anybody give me a hint? Do I need to have another piece of equipmentto get cable?

Dan

Gary Winzenburger

Re: Cable tv
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:13:21 AM »
Dan, I have the same problem, and the same question. There's a cable connector with the phone box in the utility bay, but I still can't get cable in the parks we typically camp at. I too need help. Ours is a bit older than yours though.
Gary

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:55:38 AM »
Dan, we have an 07 Contessa which I assume is similar, and yes, you must turn off the atenna boost to receive cable.  The switch is an on/off button located in the compartment on the left above the drivers seat (same compartment as the satellite controls) there is a wall plate with a cable connector and right next to the connector is a small black button that is the on/off power for the antenna. Good luck and welcome aboard!
Don
07 Contessa
C9;400HP

Dan Murphy

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 01:38:33 AM »
Don
Thank you so much! I have found the ant booster just where you said it was. I don't think I ever would have known it was so small and it looks like nothing is connected to the outlet.
I had no idea it was there.thanks again

Dan

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
I believe the antenna coax connects through to the TV via the switch box behind its faceplate.  The port on the front is just an auxiliary.  If the signal amplifier, aka Boost, is switched on, it interferes with the signal from the cable TV link.  With it off, you may get a signal from either cable or the batwing antenna, but the antenna signal may be poor without the amp lamp on.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 12:55:22 AM »
I have a 2008 Contessa and I did turn off the booster but when I run the auto program, it doesn't find any analog or digital channels. I assume that the connection in the wet bay runs up to the booster on/off button but then does it connect to anything else before the TVs?
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

Doug Neal

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 04:06:08 AM »
We have a Samsung tv and it requires you to change the setup menu in the tv from over the air to cable for cable reception.

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »
Yes, I did that too (as instructed in the manual). I'm sure I'm missing something but don't know what... :-/
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

William Brosam

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 04:36:15 AM »
someone could have switched the cables behind the switch, i had to trace mine out one ata time until i found the one i needed