Author Topic: Cleaning Front Window Curtain  (Read 4683 times)

Dick Simonis

Cleaning Front Window Curtain
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:39:29 PM »
Pat wants me to remove the windshield curtain in our 2000 PT, have it cleaned, and than re-installed.

If anyone has done this some tips on pulling it off and re-installing would be appreciated.  I'm assuming that taking it to an outfit that does drapes would be the best so the pleats can be pressed properly.

Thanks for any advice.

Gary Winzenburger

Re: Cleaning Front Window Curtain
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:18:23 PM »
We took ours down and had them dry cleaned and pressed. Wasn't cheap, but worth the effort. If they're like ours, they're fairly easy to unsnap from the plastic, track clips, but be careful not to break them, or force them out of the track. Good luck!

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:29 AM »
We did this on our 98 Pat.  The first curtain hook on the driver end is an anchor.  Unhook that and the remaining curtain can slide around for ease of removal and reinstall.  Cleaned and pressed at drycleaner for about $80.

Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 01:56:10 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  We're heading up to Happy Trails in Surprise for a few days and when we get back I'll dig into it.  A bit of a problem I suspect in getting behind the partition that hides the drive unit but we'll see.

"SHE who must be obeyed", wants a clean curtain before we head out for the summer.

Dick

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:03:48 PM »
Dick,

If you close the curtain you can get into the track much easier.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 02:55:22 AM by 538 »

Joel Weiss

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 01:29:29 AM »
Quote from: Dick Simonis
Thanks for the replies.  We're heading up to Happy Trails in Surprise for a few days and when we get back I'll dig into it.  A bit of a problem I suspect in getting behind the partition that hides the drive unit but we'll see.

A couple of years ago I accidentally "disconnected" the curtain from the partition that hides the drive motor.  No harm was done; the curtain is wide enough that it can open without pulling out of the partition even though it isn't attached.  Detaching it makes it a lot easier to remove.