Author Topic: Step Slider  (Read 4261 times)

Gary Wolfer

Step Slider
« on: February 28, 2014, 07:05:51 AM »
My cover over the steps that is operated by air is sticking and will not come out most of the time. Is there a cure for that?

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
Re: Step Slider
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:54:29 PM »
Gary,
I'd ensure the "tracks/channels" it rides in are clean first. Also check that the rod that connects the cover to the air cylinder is attached. If these ok, problem is probably the air drive itself,but since you said it was "sticking" I'd put rack problems high on list. There's quite a bit of info on this and similar step cover problems on the forum. Do a search on "step cover".
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 01:21:41 PM »
Gary,

When ours was new, the cover worked more like a fast guillotine.  Techs adjusted a regulator in the electronics bay under the driver's seat.  You may have the same regulator.  

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 02:57:42 PM »
You might also spray the cover track glide surfaces that it rides in with a slide dry lube.

Later Ed

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2014, 04:38:16 AM »
I am thinking I have an air leak and Keith Moffit said he had a problem with the air valve leaking on a T under the dash. Or under the hook I think he said. my air gage has been fluctuating between 100 and 110 on the lower needle and now I am having trouble with the floor slide so It may be where the air leak problem is coming from I will look into it. Thanks for all your help I will post again if I find a leak.

Keith Oliver

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2014, 06:30:49 AM »
On my 98 Contessa, teh step cover would refuse to move for up to 5 minutes, then would slam open, or closed.  I had a tech spend a few hours working on it, and it now works most of the time.  I don't know all of what was done, but I do know that there are adjusting screws on the regulator, located below the step cover, accessible by sitting on the ground under the middle of the front of the coach.  Some tweaking of those screws, after taking the whole mess apart and cleaning it up.