Author Topic: Water Service Bay (shut off valves)  (Read 4099 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Water Service Bay (shut off valves)
« on: March 14, 2014, 11:57:09 PM »
To All:
        Laura and I had a problem with a valve on our water manifold service panel. It just popped right out of the valve housing. Well Roy Mueller came to the rescue and found a screw on collar that fixed our valve, Thanks Roy. What I want to pass on to All, Laura found a web site that you can buy any part for the valves to repair them, rather than buying an entire valve. The web site is " iplumb.tv " then select " PEX Fittings Flair It Bulk ".You can purchase ANY part of the valve very cheaply. I will also put this info in the Suppliers section.

Larry and Laura
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Lee Welbanks

Re: Water Service Bay (shut off valves)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 12:08:54 AM »
In our 06 Patriot Thunder the manifold and valves are made by Manabloc and all the parts can be had at PexSupply.com and I do mean all parts, seems that if you can name it they will have it. All our plumbing is Pex crimped fittings.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 01:38:32 PM »
Quote from: Lee Welbanks
..... All our plumbing is Pex crimped fittings.
PEX has become a standard in new home construction replacing copper.  One result is that there is a variety of easy, "slip on" fittings at places like Lowes.  If you have a leak or need an on the road fix, you don't need crimp tools.  

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
Quote from: Bill Sprague
PEX has become a standard in new home construction replacing copper.  One result is that there is a variety of easy, "slip on" fittings at places like Lowes.  If you have a leak or need an on the road fix, you don't need crimp tools.  

Yes you can get Pex parts and pieces almost anywhere, the slip on fittings work good except they are large and are a bit pricey. I found out that one can crimp the Snake Bite SS Pex bands just as good with a cheap pair of big wire end cutters from Harbor Freight and you don't need the hi dollar tool plus the end cutter is about half the size. On the Beaver I have not had any trouble with any fittings leaking, the 5th wheel we had before had a bunch that started leaking, also they were plastic where the ones in the Beaver are all brass.