Author Topic: Auto Leveling Calibration?  (Read 6149 times)

Jon Treder

Auto Leveling Calibration?
« on: August 05, 2014, 05:43:20 AM »
When I activate the auto leveling the system it operates correctly except each time the road side is consistently low. I have read through the Beaver Manual and nothing is mentioned about calibration.  I have just manually been adjusting to level.  How do I program, calibrate, adjust or set the system to level properly each time on it own?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 03:16:31 PM by 235 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Auto Leveling Calibration?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 10:54:20 AM »
Jon-

Herein find what you need, but note some of the instruction may vary per your specific coach.  Sometimes the built-in level sensor gets off for whatever reason, and needs recalibrating.  Forgive the quality of the instruction sheets from HWH;  they are the best rendition I got in 2006, copies of copies of poor faxes they sent.  The photos are of my own control box, upside down on the ceiling of the electrical bay (street side frontmost bay).  Yours should be basically identical.  The adjustor in question is on the top corner of the box, on the side of the box to your left and toward the back wall (see photos);  you'll have to push aside some wiring harnesses and connectors to get at it.

-Joel
Since the total kb of 4 images exceeds the 1MB limit per post here, and this tablet doesn't edit to smaller resolution, please find the 4th image in the next post.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:20:06 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:56:50 AM »
Click on the images and your browser should open each in a larger format.

If needed, better renderings of the instructions may be available from HWH.  I never had to adjust the fitting myself, but a dealership in Idaho unfamiliar with the device did while the coach was under warranty, hence the copies I was given.

I'm sure this task is easiest if your significant other or someone is topside monitoring the HWH air panel and can simply tell you through the open driver's window what the balance lamps are doing as you adjust the "thingamajig" on the side of the control box.  It sounds like you need to rotate the large nut clockwise a smidge.

Keep us advised how you make out.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 11:14:56 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat

Jon Treder

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:27:51 PM »
Joel, Thank you so much.  I will try out the calibration instructions you have passed on.  It sounds like it clearly address the problem.  I apologize for the delay in acknowledgement.  Jon

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 05:30:22 AM »
You'd welcome.  I hope it readily solves the problem..

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
C9 400HP Cat