Author Topic: floor repair  (Read 4029 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
floor repair
« on: March 31, 2010, 09:19:21 AM »
I am looking for a way to repair the strand board subfloor around the corners of the slide out.  I would like to do this without removing the slide out as it is the kitchen slide.  Seems there was a seal leaking which I had thought was repaired but we have had alot of rain and now I find it wasnt.
I believe that I'm shooting for the moon here but any suggestions would help at least let me know what I may be getting into.
Thanks
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Bruce Benson

Re: floor repair
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:12 AM »
Have not done an edge but patched a hole caused by an errant jack cylinder.  Can't speak exactly for yours but mine had a plastic sheet on bottom to seal, Styrofoam next then the OSB on top.  I squared up the hole, slipped a sheet of very thin aluminum (beer or soda can) between the plastic sheet and the Styrofoam, filled the hole to the top of the Styrofoam with aerosol foam sealer from Home Depot, leveled it with a hand grinder and topped it off with a plywood plug epoxied into place.  

You should have support on the edge of the OSB.  Catching two edges of this with plywood will provide some strength.  If you can peel the OSB off the Styrofoam, then bond the plywood back on it you will have quite a bit of strength from the Styrofoam.  you might also be able to use a biscuit joiner, dowels or pins (cut the head off of 16p nails for these) to attach back into the remaining OSB.  Use lots of epoxy such as JB weld.  

Never say never.  Good luck!  

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: floor repair
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »
Thanks Bruce.  Good ideas all and will keep them in mind.  The corner of the slide covers most of the problem area so I must figure how to get to it first.  I understand that this is a common problem?
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!