Author Topic: Main slide out.  (Read 4145 times)

Jeremy Parrett

Main slide out.
« on: April 03, 2014, 02:21:03 PM »
My main slide does not always move when the switch is made.  After several presses on the switch by the entrance door step    it will sometimes work the hydraulic motor.  I have checked the inline fuse behind the switch etc .  What am I missing here?  2000 Marquis Amethyst.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 02:21:59 PM by 4115 »

Edward Buker

Re: Main slide out.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 03:41:27 PM »
Jeremy,

If it sometimes works after repeated attempts it is not the fuse. It could be the switch with aged contacts or there is a solenoid switch on the top of the pump that is the high current switch for the heavy duty pump motor. The rocker switch powers the solenoid switch which in turn powers the motor. If it is intermittent you can check the power on the small wires of the solenoid coming from the rocker switch and see if that is getting the right voltage. You can also check the larger power out lug of the solenoid and see if that is providing power to the motor.  

Later Ed

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 03:47:24 PM »
Jeremy,
The primary reason for a problem like you have is either a defective switch or a defective control solenoid that is located at the pump motor. If you do not want to trouble shoot the system, the switch is the defective part about 80% of the time and it is quick and easy to replace, so just call BCS (Beaver Coach Sales) for a new switch. You can see other ideas in a post about the same issue at;  http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1390287161/

Gerald

Dick Simonis

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »
Mine has been doing this for a year now.  When I shut off the coach, the slide (most often) will not operate until it's said for 15 minutes than it's fine.  After that it works no problem until I've run the coach again.  I've had the relay and solenoid replaced and it still misbehaves but for some reason never though about the switch.

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2014, 01:56:57 PM »
Ed and Gerald,
  I did look at the 5 amp inline fuse behind the switch a year ago,but it never occurred to me the actual switch might be the problem.  I will change it out today.   Thanks,   Jeremy

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 01:40:32 AM »
FYI.  The centre blue terminal was wedged between the spade connector and the plastic sleeve thus making an intermittent connection at best.    Put back properly the slide operates flawlessly for the first time in 4 years of ownership...Yea !!

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 01:56:48 AM »
You and Adam Hicklin had similar problems.  I advised him to check the switch and connections also.  Glad yours was relatively simple fix, and hope his is also.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat