Author Topic: Water in my Door  (Read 4199 times)

Gary Wolfer

Water in my Door
« on: April 09, 2014, 02:43:07 AM »
OK I need to know what to do about water running off the end of my gutter on the passenger front, right over my door. It drains on the awning cover and in front of it. Now I know it rains alot here on the Oregon Coast but I cannot deal with getting drenched when I open the door when it is raining hard. The camco gutter extensions are way too wide what do you do to cure that problem? I cannot be the only one with this problem I am missing the middle door on my Safari. (I forgot to mention I have a 98 Patriot Monticello.)

Jim Nichols

• BAC Member
Re: Water in my Door
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 06:18:47 AM »
I moved the awning over the door forward towards the windshield 6 inches to avoid that same issue.
Jim/Natasha Nichols
05 Monterey 36'
400 Cat C9

Tom and Pam Brown

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 11:00:37 AM »
Gary,

I found a piece of u shaped aluminum and siliconed it in the gutter for an extension.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 12:03:28 PM »
I bought some flexible stick on plastic "RV Gutter" at Camping World and re-routed the water draining from the roof.  

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 03:50:35 PM »
Quote from: Bill Sprague
I bought some flexible stick on plastic "RV Gutter" at Camping World and re-routed the water draining from the roof.  

Bill,

Do you happen to have pictures?

Thanks,

Stan

Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Bill Sprague

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 08:05:04 PM »
Quote from: Stan Simpson

Bill,

Do you happen to have pictures?

Thanks,

Stan

This is the stuff I used, in Black:  http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/eze-rv-gutter-system-10-package-black/16961

This is where I put it about 8 years ago:  

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 11:31:25 PM »
Thank you Bill. Much appreciated.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Gary Wolfer

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 12:47:32 AM »
Wow that is way cool. I was just looking at that material. Did you just mount it up next to the existing gutter above the awning? I am glad to see it has been there for 8 years too because it is mounted with 3m tape. I am going to order some. I was thinking black as well as i could run it down the side of the windshield rubber a ways.

Bill Sprague

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 12:33:28 PM »
Quote from: Gary Wolfer
Wow that is way cool. I was just looking at that material. Did you just mount it up next to the existing gutter above the awning? I am glad to see it has been there for 8 years too because it is mounted with 3m tape. I am going to order some. I was thinking black as well as i could run it down the side of the windshield rubber a ways.

Yes, I mounted one piece above the existing awning.   The way my awning was installed it contributed to the problem.  If there is a trick, it is to watch the water flow pattern on your coach and install the gutter where you need it.  

I've used the gutter in two other places.  One you can see in the picture.  I put an "eyebrow" above the windshield to minimize water flow over the windshield because I was getting black streaks.  

The other place is over a bedroom slide.  Even with Monico's help under warranty, there could be a rug wetting leak.  With observation I noticed that, depending on wind, rain intensity and levelness, a small river could flow off the roof and find its way directly to the seal.   I put a gutter in an eyebrow shape over the slide to redirect the roof top flow away from the seal.  Winnebagos come from the factory with gutters!