Author Topic: Manablock issue  (Read 6582 times)

Bill Stireman

Manablock issue
« on: March 23, 2014, 01:41:17 PM »
When connected to city water and with the manifold water fill in the off position I am getting a continual drain from the freshwater overflow.  If I turn off city water and feed from the tank with the water pump there is no overflow.  Has anyone experienced this problem?  Do I need to replace the Manablock manifold or can I simply switch the water fill line to a spare on the manifold?

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey Laguna
400 HP Cat
'11 GMC Sierra 1500 tow
presently in Destin, FL

neil omalley

Re: Manablock issue
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 01:45:12 PM »
Bill:  - check BOTH switches are off. Both at the water bay AND the interior.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:02:26 PM by 5 »

Bill Stireman

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 02:44:17 PM »
Neil-I am unsure as to what you are proposing but if you are talking about the pump switches, that is not the problem.  The problem with the overflow is when the pump is off and I am connected to city water, when the tank is full, it continues to fill thru the Manablock even when the valve is in the off position, water comes out the overflow.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey Laguna
400 HP Cat

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:33:16 PM »
Quote from: Bill Stireman
Neil-I am unsure as to what you are proposing but if you are talking about the pump switches, that is not the problem.  The problem with the overflow is when the pump is off and I am connected to city water, when the tank is full, it continues to fill thru the Manablock even when the valve is in the off position, water comes out the overflow.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey Laguna
400 HP Cat

Bill, If your coach is plumbed like most Monaco's with electric (solenoid) fill valves.
So your tank continues to fill when the city water is on?? If so then you fresh water tank fill valve is open, either the solenoid has failed or valve seat, makes no difference water is passing through it into the fresh tank, your on board water pump will not build pressure as the water just recycles back into the tank.

Bill Stireman

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 05:19:54 PM »
My fill valve is mechanical.  There is no electrical solenoid that I am aware of.

Bill Stireman

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:26:47 PM »
Bill,
Sure sounds like your fill valve is not fully seating in the closed position. If it is closing completely,I don't know of any way water could be getting from the city water tap to the tank, which is what seems to be happening.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp

Bill Stireman

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 03:08:44 AM »
Yes Steve, that seems to be the problem.

Bill Stireman

Jeff Watt

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 04:50:29 PM »
Bill,

I seem to have the same problem; hooked up yesterday afternoon and by evening it was overflowing. The autofill switch is off and was off.

What, if anything did you do to correct the issue?

Jeff

Jeremy Parrett

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 05:03:45 PM »
Bill
 check that you have 12 volt power to the shut off valve.  My switch is above the dining room table and the spade connectors had come apart.  Just a thought.

Bill Stireman

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 12:15:26 PM »
I don't have an autofill switch.  There is no electrical to my manabloc.  It is a mechanical issue.  The valve is leaking into the freshwater tank when it is turned off, but seems to be intermittent.  I can't get any answers as to wether the individual valve can be replaced or I have to replace the whole manabloc.  If I can't fix it I plan to reroute the fill thru a valve I am not using.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey Laguna
Traverse City, Michigan

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 04:48:19 AM »
Bill,

Just fixed the same problem in the Beaver, all at once it was filling the fresh tank very slowly. Though it was the Asco solenoid fill valve, figured something in the seat. Opened it up and was fine. only other place water can back flow in the fresh tank would be the pump. Disconnected the inlets to the Asco and water pump and turned the city water on and the water was slowly leaking back throught the pump. Went down to local Ace and got a 1/2" inline check valve and installed it on the discharge side of the water pump, problem solved. I think one of the valves is leaking in the water pump, it is a Remco AquaJet11

Bill Stireman

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 11:42:10 AM »
I received an email yesterday from a Mr. H. Miller who owns a Beaver Santiam.  He had the same problem and determined it was very high water pressure at some of the RV parks.  The high water pressure was forcing the water thru the manabloc valve.  He installed a new pressure regulator and resolved the problem.  I believe I have the same issue and I plan to install a regulator.

Bill Stireman
'04 Monterey Laguna
400 HP Cat
Traverse City, MI