Author Topic: Basement heat  (Read 3867 times)

Ken Sair

• BAC Member
  • Second generation fulltimers!!
Basement heat
« on: April 13, 2014, 10:47:58 PM »
Currently south of Denver CO. Light snow and overnight temps tonight in the teens. Oh yippee.

Manual says turn on the Hydro-Hot and the heat exchanger in the bay will come on at 45 degrees +/-. Anyway to tell if its running other than going out and sticking my head in the bay?

Thanks Ken
2007 Beaver Contessa
BAC members since 2006

Gerald Farris

Re: Basement heat
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 12:17:36 AM »
Ken,
There is no practical way to tell if the basement heater is running other than installing a wireless thermometer to monitor the basement temperature.

Gerald  

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 02:22:58 AM »
Do you have an Aladdin?  My Aladdin has it.  Go to item #4 on the Aladdin MAIN MENU - COACH TANK/MISC STATUS.  There it shows the fill status of the four tanks - fresh water, gray water, black water, and propane; followed by the BASEMENT TEMP and OUTSIDE TEMP.  The last reading on the screen is your heading.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 03:30:26 AM »
Yep my Aladdin is the same will tell you what the temp is, not sure where it picks up this temp, but I would guess it in the wet bay somewhere never have looked for the sensor. I would bet a phone wire is connected to it.

Orman Claxton

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:13:36 AM »
Yes Ken
 your Aladdin will tell you your Basement temps, believe the Thermostat is in the wet bay itself.
What the Heck are you doing in the cold climate?