Author Topic: CLEANING BLACK TANK SENSORS  (Read 16394 times)

Joel Weiss

Re: CLEANING BLACK TANK SENSORS
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 12:18:07 AM »
Quote from: Richard And Babs Ames
The 1997 Owners manual says to use a certain chemical which the local store said to use powdered dishwasher detergent as it is mainly that chemical as it is low foam and a good grease cutter Put in twenty gallons of water and  the detergent in the gray and black tanks and drive. We also have a flush on the gray and black tanks.

Did the manual suggest how much of that chemical (most likely TSP) you should put in each tank?

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:32:43 PM »
Quote from: Joel Weiss

Did the manual suggest how much of that chemical (most likely TSP) you should put in each tank?

I will Check

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 01:46:22 PM »
Looked at the owners manual and it directs you to put two cups of Tri Sodium Phosphate per holding tank with about 25 gallons of water. I have been told that Tri Sodium Phosphate is the main ingrediant in powdered dishwasher detergent.

Joel Weiss

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 01:54:55 PM »
Thanks; TSP is a pretty good general purpose cleaner.  

Joel

Larry and Heidi Lee

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 10:14:09 PM »
Everyone probably does this already- I always dump and then fill up both the grey and black tank with at least 10 gallons each of fresh water to slosh around for the way home and before storing.

Lee Welbanks

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 11:54:19 PM »
Quote from: Richard And Babs Ames
Looked at the owners manual and it directs you to put two cups of Tri Sodium Phosphate per holding tank with about 25 gallons of water. I have been told that Tri Sodium Phosphate is the main ingrediant in powdered dishwasher detergent.

TSP used to be in almost all dish washing detergents, but not anymore, the tree bark eaters got it outlawed. TSP can be purchased at Homedepot, Lowe's or Ace hardware stores. Stuff is cheap and works great as a cleaner. Great to wash your walls before painting.

Steve Huber Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 01:10:00 AM »
I had my tanks cleaned in Kerrville by RV Holding Tank Services (Debora Pope)    http://rvholdingtankservices.com/  
As with Joel, lots of crud came out. Process took about 2 hours but that was due to problems getting the power wash probe into the grey tank (3 90 degree bends). Gray tank reads perfectly. When we got home, black tank read correctly but still indicated the 15% probes needed cleaning. Debora advised rinsing the tank with fresh water and a mixture of 48 oz of Pinesol and 4 oz of Calgon bath beads. That did the trick.
The process can be done at your site. I had mine done at the KOA as I stopped only long enough for the cleaning process.
Recommend the service.
Steve
Steve
2015-          07 Contessa Bayshore C9,  400 hp
2013-2015: 00 Marquis Tourmaline, C12, 425 hp
2005-2013: 01 Contessa Naples, 3126B, 330 hp