Author Topic: TV lift power source  (Read 3737 times)

Frank Colligan

TV lift power source
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »
One circuit breaker is tripped.  It protects a couple of outlets in dinette and driver side living room.  Also the two boxes where AV stuff is plugged in (above entry door).  I have disconnected every component and circuit is still tripped.
The TV lift is inoperable.  I want to unplug it too, but wire disappears into area above windshield.  Any idea where the Outlet is? My wiring diagram shows another box for TV and lift.
I suspect the TV lift is causing the problem...I would like to disconnect it to prove it.

Oddly, I see a green light on the control box and when I wiggle the piston a red light starts flashing.  If the circuit is tripped it doesn't make sense to see lights on.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Lee Welbanks

Re: TV lift power source
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 03:24:36 AM »
On my 06 if you pull off the trim board above the front cabinets you will find a 120 volt plug in the center that states something about TV control something I think if you remove the plug it kill the whole lift system. Haven't really tried it but worth a shot. Your lift controller might be there also.

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:42:31 PM »
Frank  we also have the 06 with the trim above the ocerhead doors, when removed you will need to pull the fabric down for access. I pulled all the old system(Sony) and installed a new flat screen HD (Samsung) this is far better then the original sony system. FYI you can pull the existing or new wires around the back side of the cabinet above the entry door.  
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13

Frank Colligan

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 09:13:53 PM »
Thanks for the tips.  I tried removing a speaker above driver and found the box.  I simply unplugged the lift and tried it on another circuit.  It worked and no tripped circuit.  I plugged it back into original outlet and it now works!

Wierd and i cant explain why, but as long as it works we are happy.

Cheers, Frank

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 03:43:49 AM »
Uh,Oh, Ed...
Frank has one of our venerable front cap gremlins.

Who knows when it will strike next!  ;D

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat