Author Topic: HELP!!! FROZEN BLACK WATER VALVE  (Read 3019 times)

John Hennessey

• BAC Member
HELP!!! FROZEN BLACK WATER VALVE
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:02:59 AM »
Tried to empty the black tank today and dump valve is frozen and the gear is stripped out so it can not be manually opened.  Has anybody had this happen and how did you open the valve in order to empty the black tank.  
John & Linda Hennessey
2023-Thor Omni Class C
2011-2023 - 2003 Marquis

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: HELP!!! FROZEN BLACK WATER VALVE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 10:13:54 AM »
John, any suggestion from me would be a guess on this issue.  It would probably help others to know the make and year of your coach so they could better answere your question.
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Roy Warren Co-Admin

• Administrator Group
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 01:35:33 PM »
On the back side of the valve, there is another screw or hex allen wrench nut as on the front side.  It is not easy to access, but if you can work your way to the back, you can open it manually.  You must take care so as not to strip the screw/nut on the back.  Also, you can loosen the 4 corner nuts/screws slightly to give the slide a little more freedom to open.  It will possibly leak a little, so I would put a thick rag below the valve.  I have had to do this.
Roy
Roy Warren
2005 Patriot Thunder
Cat C-13

neil omalley

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 04:22:38 PM »
John: I'm assuming your valves are electric?  If so you might try tapping on the valve with something while holding (or having someone hold) the valve switch open. And you may also work it free by switching on/off several times. Good luck.