Author Topic: Seat Belts  (Read 7257 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Seat Belts
« on: April 25, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
Has anyone installed seat belts on a Jackknife sofa?  My daughter will not allow the grandchildren to ride in the coach without seat belts and our coach only has them on the captains chairs.  I saw where someone was installing them on a couch but not a jackknife style.  We have looked beneath it and there is a bar that runs behind it...I'm thinking that would be suitable for installing them.  There are cut outs between each cushion so I think that would be sufficient to pass the seat belts through?

Thanks,
Laura
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Gerald Farris

Re: Seat Belts
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 01:34:12 PM »
Laura,
My first Beaver was a 93 Patriot with a jackknife sofa. It had two factory installed seat belts for the jackknife sofa, and they worked well. The only problem is getting grandkids to set down long enough to use them.

Gerald
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:47:35 AM by 5 »

William Brosam

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:33:26 PM »
theres some installed in mine from the previous owner.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »
Gerald,
Mine are four and seven so are still in car seats so no problem getting them to stay put although our drive will on,y be about an hour and a half.  Just heard to Disney for a long weekend.  

Were they connected to that black bar that goes all the way across behind the sofa?
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Gerald Farris

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:32:12 AM »
Laura,
On my 93 (no slides) the seat belts were bolted to the floor, but I think that the later models that have slides and seat belts use the bolts that hold the sofa down for at least some of the anchors.

Gerald  

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 04:20:25 PM »
Laura please post what you did to solve the problem.  I'm facing the same issue.  Waiting for seat-belts to arrive.  I have a jackknife couch also on a slide.  There is a couple of sturdy looking braces going about a a foot up the slide from the floor.  I plan on anchoring the belts to them and the side mounting bars on the couch.  Let me know how it goes.  Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Bill Sprague

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
On ours, when we had a jackknife sofa, the belts fell down the crack between the back and the bench.  They may be down there.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 10:09:23 PM »
Ours on both the loveseat and sofabed are factory mounted on top of each unit's frame member that runs across the floor, utilizing the rearmost through-bolts that hold the frame to the floor.  Both strap ends from each belt fasten together, one belt per each of the two rear frame bolts.  I can take and supply a photo if needed.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat