Author Topic: C13 low  intake manifold pressure  (Read 6465 times)

Jim Skatzka

C13 low  intake manifold pressure
« on: May 04, 2014, 01:16:12 AM »
Well we're sure having a hard time getting back to mi. this yr. without many issues.  after running from ft myers to foley al. sitting in 21 inches of rain in 24 hrs at bella terra resort we finally headed north. pulled into a rv park in Montgomery al.  check eng. light came on. checked the diagnostics on our vmspc and says a 1045 which is low intake manifold pressure. goijng to sleep tonight and start looking in morning. by the way, just prior to that out on i65 boost pressure was normal and just changed air filter 3000 mi. ago. mmmmm!   Thanks for any thoughts and ideas!

Jim  06 C13 Cat

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: C13 low  intake manifold pressure
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 02:11:30 AM »
Jim, in Montgomery Four Star Frieghtliner has a shop.  They do great work.

Gerald Farris

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 02:46:16 AM »
Jim,
If boost pressure is normal, it is probably a sensor or wiring connection that is causing the check engine light, but it will probably take a qualified mechanic with the proper equipment to locate the issue.

Gerald

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 12:14:13 PM »
Thanks!  we are going to take it for a cruise later to check boost pressure again and if all seems ok we are actually headed to an onan service center south of Nashville  on Monday morning for an appt. Maybe they can steer us in the right direction. boy when you have problems they all come at once., I guess after 15 yrs and three coaches I should know that.  but I guess when things go so well for so long you forget about reality!  lol  

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:20:19 AM »
Well,  I don't have a clue yet!  we ran down the road for about 250 mi. today.  seems a little low on power but boost is running normal.  fuel economy is still off from what I had been used to for the past couple of yrs. about 5.5 mpg but overall not bad. still going in for service on the onan in the morning. will pick their brains!

Jim

Dick Simonis

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
With all the water you encountered, any chance you air filter got soaked....that would sure restrict airflow.

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 10:02:28 AM »
Dick, I'm going to pull it off today and check it.   Thank!

Jim

Jim Skatzka

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 11:16:39 PM »
Well, I took the air filter off to check for water and found no signs.  made it to Lima Oh today and running good!  filled up at loves north of Cave City Ky with non bio diesel and the vmspc is running about 6 mpg. Best in a long time.

Jim