Author Topic: WAIT TO DRIVE LIGHT  (Read 5473 times)

Roger Bowton

WAIT TO DRIVE LIGHT
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »
Our 06 monterey has a "wait to drive" light on and the techs at LazyDays say it is a problem with the HWH leveler sensor but I have air leveling only?   Any Ideas

thanks

Louis and Elise Williams

Re: WAIT TO DRIVE LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 03:55:34 PM »
My "wait to drive" light goes out once I press the Travel Mode on my air levelers.   Louis

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
Sounds like the wait to drive light goes out when the air leveler get from the level mode to the ride height. This can take while depending on the amount of air in the air  suspension. Designed to keep you from driving with the air bags too low.

Roy Mueller

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 07:57:35 PM »
The wait to drive light  When you first  start a cold engine it idles at 1000 RPM the light goes out when the the engine is warm enough to drop back to idle .This is so the trans. will only go in gear at idle. and not hurt the trans. The colder it is the longer it takes. It is posable other things could be tied to the light aiso. Roy Mueller
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:26:27 PM by 14 »

Roger Bowton

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 01:31:46 AM »
Thanks for the info I'll check out the suggestions

Roger Bowton

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 09:37:20 AM »
It is a bad electronic sensor (The brain) in the comparment under the driver. Have a new one from HWH but now have to find and change the jumpers on the new one and install. Finding the jumpers is as big a problem as finding the source of the light.