Author Topic: Looking for a leveling Jack  (Read 6494 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Looking for a leveling Jack
« on: May 16, 2014, 02:58:40 PM »
To All:
            I am looking for a leveling jack for my coach. I have a 2001 Beaver Marquis Amethyst and need to replace one of my jacks. This system I have is the type that the jack levels the coach against the axle, and not the ground. So, if anyone has gone to a different leveling system and would have had their jacks removed, I would be interested in buying one of the jacks or maybe two.

Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
Re: Looking for a leveling Jack
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 08:17:33 PM »
I don't have any jacks yet, but will have after July 7th when mine are removed at HWH in Iowa for an air system.......I have a 2001 Contessa, should be the same jacks....
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples DP 40' 2 slides
CAT 3126B
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
LaMonte:
               I sent you a pic via message to your email address. Hope it goes through and if you wouldn't mind what are they charging these days and how long does it take?

Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2014, 09:33:08 PM »
[size=14]Hey Larry,

I have been deciding what to do with my setup as I have leaks, and of course have trouble finding any jacks.

HWH factory quoted me a price of $4922 complete.

That will include removing all four jacks, capping all the lines and securing them,

replacing the console panel with a new air panel and installing all air lines, air compressor tie-in, and connections for a simple airbag leveling system.

The hydraulic reservoir will still be used only for the living room slide out.

I had an issue with the jacks, leaking and working on and off......had them worked on and when I left the facility they failed to refill the reservoir.

When I left on my next trip while making a right hand turn my living room slide came all the way out nearly causing an accident. Not wanting this to happen again due to leaks so am going the air route.

Locally I have had little luck finding anyone who wanted to try to work on the jacks (liability reasons) and I am unable to do this myself.

The picture you sent looks like the same jack from what I can see of mine, but someone at BCS should be able to tell you for sure. I believe only my left rear jack is the only one leaking bad......so should have three good ones after July....
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
CAT 3126B

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 10:00:23 PM »
LaMonte:
             We are headed out west via florida, Wisconsin and then west starting June 9th. I will need to try and do something to repair or replace the jack before July, However, it may be difficult to locate a jack, so I will definitely keep yours in mind. So far the system has been working until I discovered the rub and this jack has been really busted in the past and presently has cracking in the welds. I don't understand how all this distortion and cracking could have taken place unless it was driven with the jacks not being retracted. We have only had the coach since January, so we are in the exploratory and discovery stage right now. What next, but we Love the coach.

Thanks for the Info.              Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 10:53:56 PM »
We are leaving June 7th to John Pennekamp State park in Key Largo, then to Myakka River State park in Sarasota area. Then back home a week...then to Lake Louisa in Clermont.

Then we leave home July 2nd heading to moscow Iowa to HWH factory. hen after a week in that area heading back to Florida slowly! Enjoy your travels and be safe!
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
CAT 3126B

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Edward Buker

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 11:09:45 PM »
La Monte

Let us know how the conversion to HWH air leveling goes. I would love for some photos of the install to be posted on the forum, where things are located, and how well the mounting of the main component workmanship is. There are several of us that have been contemplating the possibility of this change. Your experience of how well they did the job might guide us a bit. They certainly have the most experience and you are at the factory so it would seem that things should go smoothly.

later Ed

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 01:41:41 AM »
LaMonte:
              I am now considering the conversion, also. Hopefully, they should be calling me Monday. After reading what Gerald and a few others have commented in a different post, regarding air leveling, that may be the way to go. My wife gave no opposition to this cuz she Loves the Coach, and I ain't No Coach. Hopefully, if all is well, we will be through that area in June, and then back on course. We will be in Bend at the end of July in time for the Ale Trail and if the conversion is disappointing, I will do the Ale Trail, Twice!
              Really, I wouldn't expect any disappointment

Larry D.
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
Cat C15

LaMonte Monnell

• BAC Member
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2014, 03:25:10 AM »
Ed, I will try my best to get some photo's during the changeover if I am permitted to. I will try my best to get something done.

Larry, Jeff Wallick is the contact person for the installs. He seems to know what needs to be explained for the procedures.Keep us informed if you get it done Larry.......
Lamonte & Patti Monnell
CAT 3126B

Weeki Wachee,Fl

Edward Buker

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2014, 03:32:45 AM »
Sometimes if they won't let you into the shop they may be willing to take your camera and take some shots along the way for you.

Later Ed