Author Topic: Trip Out West any Tips  (Read 11615 times)

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
Re: Trip Out West any Tips
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2014, 11:37:21 AM »
Jeepers, I cant believe that everyone likes this map and they are missing the entire western Wash. coast, rainforest and beaches.  Not to mention the mountains and lakes and oh yea did I say beaches?

Larry, consider a few days in the Olympic Nat park and perhaps take a day trip across the Coho ferry to Victoria BC, Canada for hgh tea and the Bouchart gardens, wax museums and more.
Back on this side there is the Hoh rain forrest and Cape Flattery (the most NW point of the continental US.  This is an area not to be missed.

Safe travels
Keith
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
Joel:
         Thanks for the advice on the coast. We too, are more for scenic destinations than shopping. I believe Laura and I will have to take your advice and make some reservations and stick to the schedule. Now, we will start to check out your recommendations.

Thanks Again:                   Laura and Larry
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Jay and Raylene Todd

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 02:07:59 PM »
Larry, I think most of us figured out that the numbers represent areas that you are planning on stopping, it's just that we can't see where those places are. As an example, I can't tell if your stop on the Oregon coast is in Florence, Newport or one of a dozen other small spots in that general area. You're also stopping on the east slope and the west slope of Colorado but again, I'm not sure where exactly. It's a lot easier to offer up places to stay, things to see and other possible stops for you if we know exactly where you are planning on stopping initially.

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 02:08:04 PM »
Keith:
            I'm pretty positive we will be altering our original route to accommodate what is recommended to us, most likely the west coast. When I put this route together, it was just to get us to some places that I have been, and want to share them with Laura. I certainly appreciate all suggestions and we will definitely be considering them.

Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15