Author Topic: Attempting Superslide Bottom Seal  (Read 2887 times)

Gary Wolfer

Attempting Superslide Bottom Seal
« on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:49 PM »
Well I am going to attempt replacing the superslide bottom floor seal. It was apparent to me I could not squeeze my fat ... above the storage bins in the bottom of the slide to take the old gasket  out and install a new 18' one. I decided as much work as it was I will have to take both bins out. I have taken all rie rivets out of the back bin and found the door frame is separate from the bin itself and under the door frame there were 3 more rivets. I took the light out and cut the wires. I cut the wires to the door locking mechanism and everything went pretty smooth except the bin had duct tape on all the corners on the outside of the bins and the indoor outdoor carpet had to be peeled down from the top which is the frame of the slide. All was slid in and glued on all 4 sides. I had to break the glue loose before I could pull the bins out. Once I get the bins out I will have lots of room to take all the rivets out of the slide seal. Then glue and rivet the slide seal back in and then the bins back in. Lots of work but save tons of money by doing it myself. I first called Beaver sales and asked how they did it and they said they crawled up inside. I simply would not fit. I will take photos of my progress. All tips would be appreciated as the back bin leaked like a seive anyway. The round rubber door seals seem inadequate hopefully I can find a better solution. (I need help deleting one attachment and adding a couple more.)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:35:15 PM by 20609 »

Gary Wolfer

Re: Attempting Superslide Bottom Seal
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 05:35:18 AM »
Here are some more photos of the bottom slide sea Easy to reach after removal of the bin. I have to take the other bin out next then I can easily get to the bottom seal then start putting it all back together.

Tom and Pam Brown

Re: Attempting Superslide Bottom Seal
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 01:17:26 PM »
Gary,

I did this job myself as well.  I got my skinny son in law to help over the bays.  I riveted it back in most areas, but I ip used stainless steel screws over the bays so they could easily removed the next time.