Author Topic: ART service in Decatur In  (Read 4723 times)

Dan Murphy

ART service in Decatur In
« on: May 21, 2014, 10:07:53 PM »
I have a couple issues that I have been unable to remedy.One is the cruise control. It will not cancel when I put the brake on.
I just recently had knee surjury so I plan to take the coach to the factory service center in Decatur. Has anyone has any experience with this facility?? Any tips or tricks to remember?

Dan

Dan Murphy

Re: ART service in Decatur In
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 02:31:52 AM »
Well that is kinda scary. Nobody has had service work done at the Monaco facility!

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 03:40:43 AM »
The likely reason is that Monaco wasn't made in Decatur IN until this model year. It was purchased from Navistar by Allied Recreational Group that also makes Fleetwood and American Coaches....in Decatur IN. Beaver's are in the Monaco family, but have not been part of ARG for even a year.

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 03:49:28 AM »
I think, Dan, that that facility may be the newest one to Monaco since the last ownership change, and few if any of us have had occasion to use it yet.  There are a number of relays and switches involved in the cruise control system, and I think any experienced tech should be able to effect a fix without too much head scratching.  It could be a switch in the VIP Smart Wheel or the cruise cancel relay or the switch at the brake.

Of course, regardless of where you go for repairs, I'd certainly refrain from using the CC whatsoever in the meantime.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat