Author Topic: Michelin Tires Size  (Read 5091 times)

David Portesi

Michelin Tires Size
« on: May 24, 2014, 10:42:24 PM »
       I have a question on replacing front tires on 05 Marquis. There is presently Goodyear 295/80-22.5 on the coach. I would like to replace them with Michelin 315/80-22.5. Question is will this size be compatible as a replacement? The clearance and turning radius is of concern to me.

The reason for going with the Michelin is FMCA Advantage Program would save me money. The only catch is they do not have any available in the Florida area (or anywhere in the south east for that matter). I will be going back to New England in a couple of weeks If anyone knows of a participating Michelin dealer on the I-81 corridor it would very helpful to me.

Thanks in advance!
Dave and Sharon
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:22:33 PM by 5 »

Michael Carbonaro

Re: Michelin Tires Size
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:23 AM »
[size=14][size=14]Hey Dave,

My name is Mike I just bought a 2000 beaver marquis a month ago I am new to the club so I hope this will help.

When I got home from Fl. with my baby home is Danbury CT I went to my local guy that I have bought all of my truck and rv tires from for the last 15yrs I have Michelin 315/80/22.5 on  my coach now on the front. The coach handled great so far no problems drove 1350 miles drives like a dream. Said all that to say this I ask him for a price on the Michelin for a spare I will be pulling a 20 trailer with car and bike so I want a spare incase of a flat had two with my last rv booth times it cost 4 to 500 to have someone come and fix. The price he gave me was about $800 a tire but he suggested that I look into Bridgestone same size but they cost $450 a tire I have not investigated the difference yet and I don't know what kind of discount fmac gives but I would check it out. (unless of coerce you have plenty of money  :) well I hope this helps

David Portesi

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 02:11:20 AM »

Michael
Thank you for responding so quickly. If you are a member of the Family Motor Coach Association there is a list of prices for tires that are offered in the program. They are a good discount for any that I have gotten quotes for so far. The reason I asked about 315/88-22.5 is the weight on the front axle of my coach is 14960 lb. so it needs weight capacity (H or J) rating. The price I got on the Goodyear were about $800 per plus mounting and balancing. I can’t speak to the quality of the Bridgestone but The Goodyear has been very good for me. Michelin have great reviews too.

Thanks for the info
Dave

Chuck Jackson

• BAC Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 12:30:23 AM »
I did a search on irv2 (I'm thinking about the 315s also) and it looks like the 315s are not a problem in the front for most of the Monaco/Beaver/Holiday Rambler coaches so I would think your Marquis will be fine. Some people say that the duals in the rear touch...and some don't. I believe the 315s are actually ~$60 cheaper per tire too. You might try calling Beaver Coach Sales/Service in Bend Oregon to see what they say.
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4328
2008 Beaver Contessa 40' Pacifica 425 Cat - Sold

Jeff Watt

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 12:52:05 AM »
I've been looking at upgrading the tires and on the Michelin site for these tires, the diameter of the 315 is 1 inch greater than the 295. My guess is that it shouldn't be an issue fitting in the wheel well on my coach but I guess each coach is different. The XZA2 are what I have on mine now.

http://www.michelintruck.com/michelintruck_en_us/tires-retreads/tireInfo.do?tread=XZA2%20ENERGY

Jeff