Author Topic: Aladdin Control Module location  (Read 5065 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Aladdin Control Module location
« on: May 26, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »
Background:
Hooked up to bad elec connection, blew shore side of transfer switch, 2 fuses in Aladdin Jbox and 115 pass through section of the inverter.  Replaced transfer switch and added hardwired surge protector yesterday.  Shore and gen power work fine now, A/C's run on both.  115 in most of coach run only with inverter on, drawing lots from battery (shore or gen power the same).  Not sure if charger, which still works, can keep up with the draw.  Will replace inverter as soon as funds build up again.

The 2 fuses in the Aladdin blow every time I replace them and apply power.
1. Does anyone know where the Aladdin control module is on a 2003 Patriot Thunder?  I've checked under the dash on both sides, is it behind something?  Read the manual and it says fuses are in the front run box...is that the bay in front of the driver's side front tire?
2. Also there is a junction box for the Aladdin near the transfer switch with 2 fuses in it, mentioned above.  Does anyone know the value (1 amp, 2 amp etc...) of those 2 fuses?

I forgot to mention that the Aladdin seems to works fine except for the display of both legs of the Electrical supply.  Both 115 legs are just a row of X's.  It still shows current draw and all other functions seem fine.  I'm leaning towards one of the relays in the Jbox next to the transfer switch but don't want to miss anything.

Thanks as always for your assistance.
Jerry
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 11:44:26 PM by 235 »
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Paul Schwalen

Re: Aladdin Control Module location
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 08:00:40 PM »
Jerry,

On my 03 Contessa the Alladin control box is in the TV cabinet over the drivers seat.  

Good luck.

Paul

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 09:37:49 PM »
Quote from: Paul Schwalen
Jerry,

On my 03 Contessa the Alladin control box is in the TV cabinet over the drivers seat.  

Good luck.

Paul

Thanks we have the TV that swings down from the ceiling.  I don't even want to look hard at that thing for fear it will stop working.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:28:00 PM »
My Aladdin Control box is in the cabinet above the drivers left side.  Remove the screws holding the end cap in place in the cabinet and the control box is right inside there.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 09:41:22 PM »
Quote from: Roy C Tyler
My Aladdin Control box is in the cabinet above the drivers left side.  Remove the screws holding the end cap in place in the cabinet and the control box is right inside there.

Thanks, that makes sense. I just discovered that there is an unmarked switch in that cabinet, it turns the Aladdin on and off.  
Happy Trails!
Jerry

Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 09:44:21 PM »
That is likely the Aladdin reset switch.  My Aladdin reset switch is in a door left-side above the pilot's seat along with the front windshield curtain switch.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!