Author Topic: Super Slide Bottom Seal Replacement  (Read 2458 times)

Gary Wolfer

Super Slide Bottom Seal Replacement
« on: June 05, 2014, 07:49:18 PM »
I recently installed the bottom super slide seal on my 98 Patriot Monticello and did not finish taking photos because the post disappeared. I know how it comes apart and goes together now and I will add the photos I do have to this post. I was told by BCS that they crawled under the coach and changed the seals. I could no way fit so I decided the only way I could do it would be to take out both bins under the slide and I could reach the seal. I was in hopes to take photos of it step by step but it did not happen so if anyone has any questions I would be happy to help. All is put together with pop rivets and glue. I got all the parts from BCS. Here are the photos I have after taking the bins out. It was a lot of extra work taking both bins out but I was able to do it myself with a 1/16th drill bit, a pop rivet gun and spray on fabric glue from BCS. I also replaced the duct tape on all edges of the boxes using sticky tin duct tape  for all edges and corners. (one of my bins was wet inside since I bought it and now it is dry. I am a happy man.

Edward Buker

Re: Super Slide Bottom Seal Replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:53:25 PM »
Gary,

Nice job on the seal replacement. You must feel good getting to the end of that project. As an aside I had a leak in my compartment that was in the same area of the coach. BCS said to use a black urethane sealer and I had them send me a tube and it did a good job being both a sealer and an adhesive.

Later Ed