Author Topic: Back Up Camera and Monitor  (Read 2861 times)

Dick Simonis

Back Up Camera and Monitor
« on: June 08, 2014, 05:48:25 PM »
Since I've been in "brain picking" mode these past few days, here we go again.

One of the items on my upgrade list is the rear view camera system.  Mine is original with the Flexvision flip down monitor and a really fancy camera behind the glass window.  While it still works OK, the picture is getting jittery and the resolution isn't good, especially when visibility starts to drop.  This system uses a separate 12v power to the camera and connection is via coax.  I managed to improve things a bit ago by replacing the connector but it's still sub par based on current technology.

I have been lead to believe that a coax connection is really old tech and my cause a problem with upgrading although some have said adapters are possible.

For a camera, I would like to have one in the same location or possibly a flush mount by drilling through the lens.

The monitor should either replace the existing one or mount beside it and also be a flip down but not necessarily a flush mount.

I'm sure others have already gone through this exercise on this era coach and hopefully can share your experiences.  Or tell me I'm asking for too much.

Thanks for you input.

Dick