Author Topic: Alladin System Questions and others  (Read 5655 times)

Dick Simonis

Alladin System Questions and others
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:41:28 PM »
Sitting at BCS for so long can get a bit confusing and, potentially, a bit pricey.  With nothing to do for almost 2 weeks we naturally started perusing coaches on the lot.  At first is was mere curesity that slowly devolved into something more serious to the point where we are semi-seriously thinking about making some offers.

There are several features on the newer coaches that I don't quite understand and the Aladdin system is one of them.  I truly enjoy my existing Silverleaf and separate backup camera and can not understand how to view both camera and engine data at the same time.  I never look at the dash gauges just the Silverleaf.  Also, the lack of tank level info without turning on the system or a TV.  Granted I haven't spent much time but wondering how others have adapted to the Aladdin.

I'm also struggling with the Aqua Hot over my Hurricane.  The Hurricane seems so simple with the separate HW heater and the Aqua-Hot has to run the Diesel burner just to make hot water???  One of the coach...a Marguis.. does not have the electric heating element which seems odd.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Dick

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Alladin System Questions and others
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:36:25 PM »
You might prefer your Silverleaf, Dick.  I never had either until our Beaver, so I simply got used to cycling between Alladin screens.  Once you know where they are and which way to toggle, it's no big deal.  I just leisurely flick the control with a finger while driving to check engine parameters, but normally leave it on the rear camera.  If ascending a grade or something, I may keep it on the engine numbers, or check the compass or some other thing, and find switching is relaxed and effortless.  But if you are used to the convenience provided by separate screens, you may find the Alladin a tad frustrating.

I just simply bump the driver's or kitchen toggle to turn it on and see tank levels;  albeit the TV has to be on the right channel if you are looking for numbers there.  The monitor in the water bay is as handy as any.

Yes, I guess there is such an animal as an AquaHot without an electric element, but didn't expect it in a Marquis.  

2 weeks huh?  Ya think there is method to Ty's madness?   ;)
At least you know you couldn't buy from a better dealer.

Joel
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:47:00 PM by 77 »
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Roy C Tyler

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 12:32:02 AM »
Dick
I have the Aladdin and I have never had the Silverleaf. I have added a second screen just above the Aladdin screen and I ran my rear view camera into the second screen.  That way, I watch the engine readout and the toad all the time.

Larry Williams

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:32:07 AM »
Quote from: Roy C Tyler
Dick
I have the Aladdin and I have never had the Silverleaf. I have added a second screen just above the Aladdin screen and I ran my rear view camera into the second screen.  That way, I watch the engine readout and the toad all the time.
I just did the same thing. I was tired of having to switch back and forth between engIne data and the toad. So I bought a small (4.3") monitor from Amazon for $16 to watch the toad and use the big monitor for engine data. If I want a bigger picture of the toad, I just switch the Aladdin to the toad.

Dick Simonis

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 02:43:49 PM »
Thanks for the info.  Adding a dedicated monitor sound like a good idea.  I wonder how the signal for the Aladdin info is routed through the coach and if one could do the same thing....adding a small monitor someplace to get the tank and electrical info in an always on condition.  I know i'm trying to go backwards in technology but the Coach Monitor Panel was additive having the vital info available at a glance.

It's kind of a mute point though as we decided not to upgrade for the time being.  Pat reminded me that ours is so perfect what are we really going to gain.  Outside of a Road master Chassis, drop down TV, and an extra slide it was a trough question to answer.

Oh well, perhaps next year when we're here again....now it's off to Lebanon for a couple of months.