Author Topic: Another Glass Shower Door problem  (Read 3479 times)

Gary Wolfer

Another Glass Shower Door problem
« on: July 15, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »
OK I am the latest in shower door problems I have a 98 Patriot with the sliding shower door that has the bottom piece of plastic break. It slid out the bottom of the door and I had to take the door off and slide the plastic back on. It cracked and broke off about 6" in the wall side of the sliding door. Did anyone ever find a replacement for the door bottom? The track seems to be ok but the plastic that mounts on the bottom of the door needs replaced. It is signed Holcam and I read previous posts including Keith Moffets disaster. Mine is still working after I slid it back in but is not in the track next to the wall. I need to get it fixed before I break the glass.

Matthew Harger

Re: Another Glass Shower Door problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
Awhile back I called Mike at BCS about the plastic bottom track as mine is all but toast and needs replacing,  but apparently they were some type of custom order way back when and are unavailable.  I would love to find some type of replacement piece that will work.  Until then I just stick a strip of foam pipe insulation over the bottom of the door to keep from rattling and banging while driving.  The water seems to stay in fine even when the door is out of the track once parked and showering.

Pls let me know if you find an alternate source for the plastic track.

Keith Moffett

• BAC Member
  • Every day is a blessing!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2014, 10:50:31 AM »
When wtraded the 98 Pat in last year we sent them the extra parts from our shower door.  Included were all the gold frame parts and the bottom plastic guide ant that was in good shape.
They didnt replace the door when they sold the rig to my knowlege so the parts shoule be available at BCS.  You might ask for 'Shu' and mention my name and these parts so he might recall what was done with them.

Alternativly, we just got a real nice shower curtain from Walmart and several 12 in. nice zip ties.  I loosly looped them over the top shower frame and through the curtain which I had folded in half lengthwise.  This worked fine for several years and looked good enough to sell.  Just saying!

Best of luck
Keith
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 05:37:30 PM by 282 »
2007 Patriot Thunder
45' C-13
2006 Explorer Ltd.
DW is Carol
Safe travels and
May God bless!

Richard And Babs Ames

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 02:52:39 PM »
You might try a local glass shop and they can do something for you. They install shower/tub enclosures and have access to parts. You might be able to find the part at a place like

https://www.theshowerdoorstore.com/Parts.htm