Author Topic: faulty ignition switch 03 Marquis  (Read 3509 times)

William Harrison

faulty ignition switch 03 Marquis
« on: July 19, 2014, 09:28:48 PM »
 Help, I have a faulty ignition switch on my 03 Marquis and I can't get it out.  I have the connector off
but can't get the switch assembly out.  Also, where can I get a new switch?

Chuck Harrison
Akron, Ohio
03 Marquis

Larry Williams

Re: faulty ignition switch 03 Marquis
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:41 PM »
Quote from: William Harrison
Help, I have a faulty ignition switch on my 03 Marquis and I can't get it out.  I have the connector off
but can't get the switch assembly out.  Also, where can I get a new switch?

Chuck Harrison
Akron, Ohio
03 Marquis
On my '03 Monterey you just unscrew a big threaded washer on the face of the switch. Then you can pull the assembly out the back. And I think it is a standard GM ignition switch.

Marty and Suzie Schenck

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 10:30:37 PM »
The switch is for a 1972 Chevrolet or GMC pickem up truck. Next to where you insert the key there is a little hole. Open up a paper clip, insert the key and turn to the left, insert the paper clip into the hole and turn the key more left. At this point the key assembly should pull out. Turn the big chrome ring counter clockwise and that will release the switch. Marty

Edward Buker

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:11 AM »
This is from several weeks ago regarding key switch. There is a video link in this write up. You may want to try a search on the forum first, this has been written up several times. The Foretravel owner in the link has a great post and video on how to work on this ignition switch. Marty has the key points in his written summary...

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1404924330/s-2/highlight-key+switch/#num2

Later Ed