Author Topic: Water Pressure/water pump  (Read 26808 times)

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
Re: Water Pressure/water pump
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2014, 11:49:37 PM »
Understood Joel.  I intend to fix it.  Just not this month!  I've spent $1000.00 in the last week cleaning up the mess the mobile RV tech made of the Magnum MS-2812 installation and to get the water working.  The good thing is I found a Magnum trained and authorized Inverter tech that is also becoming a good friend.  I should have taken pictures to show how the tech left a mess of spaghetti in the battery compartment so bad that when I opened the tray it almost pulled the DC shunt off the wall and came close to snapping some wires.
He also put cables on that were not rated for that inverter.
So yes I have to fix the valve cause it will drive me nuts if I don't, but I refuse to go in debt to do it.  That means wait till payday to do it.  I know, I'm ranting!  Been an expensive week.  Lucky though to have met a friend that also happens to be a high end type RV Tech.  He works on Millennium coaches when called and is a master cabinet maker.  A good guy to know. 

If you are in Orlando look up Sanford RV and or Scott Singer. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 06:45:11 PM by Glenda Farris Co-Admin »
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
2003 Patriot Thunder Lexington 40' 3 Slides
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Michael Hannan

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 06:28:47 AM »
Thanks Ed!  I'm a real Newbie here.  New to RV life (home owner to full time RV in one day) and new to Beaver.  Thanks Ed for the info.  I just ordered a pressure regulator and should be installing it Wednesday. I wasn't aware that my 2003 Marquis had a built in regulator and have been using the inline one that was part of the starter pack that the dealer gave me when I bought the coach.  Removing the inline regulator may solve my low pressure problem but as this is a 12 year old unit I figured that a new replacement for the builtin would be a good idea.  I'm looking forward to solving other issues with the help of this forum.

Try and shut off the external pressure feed from the campground and purge air from the pump and tank line. The pump just pulls from the tank so be sure that the tank has plenty of water in it. It is hard to purge air in the pump feed line sometimes when the output side of the pump is facing the city water pressure. As far as low flow try changing the pressure regulator check valve to a higher pressure/flow one. That has helped many of us.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/chromed-abs-plastic-city-water-entry-chrome/7222

Later Ed

Michael Hannan

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 07:01:21 PM »
Got the new regulator installed (took about 5 minutes).  The resulting increase in water pressure is wonderful.  Thanks for the tip.  :D
The following users thanked this post: Carol Moffett

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »
I just noticed that I didn't close this out with what the actual problem was.  Sorry I guess I got busy.  Anyway, everyone kept asking about the tank fill valve on or off and if my fresh water tank was full.  The pump was running constantly also.  It turned out that the electric fresh water dump valve was not closing all the way.  I did have the fill valve off.  When I turned the fresh water fill valve on I thought I saw the fresh water tank over flow when what I was seeing was water coming out of the partially open dump valve.  closed it, afraid to use it now!   Replaced the 55psi regulator like Joel suggested and it worked well.  Also replaced the water pump with a higher flow model just for the heck of it.  Except for a popped off fitting in the water bay a few months ago, water has been working great since.  Thanks for all the help, then and since!
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2015, 12:19:11 AM »
Yes, you did explain what happened back in October.  I think I done bin there dun that, Jerry, when the rig was new and I was getting used to all the electric valves in the water bay.  The tank overflow and dump are in the same area and easy to get confused.

I'd still check into repairing the dump valve, as I advised previously.  It may be a relatively easy fix.  Plus, who knows when some service tech has occasion to dump your tank, hits the switch, and assumes he left the valve closed, and the pump gets inadvertantly burned up somehow.  If nothing else the switch, now that the valve has been manually shut, needs to be electrically disabled or at least marked "do not use" with a sticker or tag.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Joel Weiss

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 03:01:41 PM »
OK, I'm confused AGAIN!  Trying to purge the water lines as described above by Ed.  Turned off the shore water.  Filled the fresh water tank until it over flowed as I have no indicators other than Aladdin which is not working correctly yet.  Turned on pump, turned on kitchen faucet and it went down to a trickle then just sputtered once in awhile.  Turned on bathroom faucet, same.  Pump just seems to be pushing air.  Bad pump?

Did you remember to turn the "fill" knob back to the OFF position after filling the tank and before trying the pump.   This is exactly the symptom you would see if you didn't.

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2015, 05:32:05 PM »
Yes Sir!  All fixed now except I haven't had the gumption to figure out how to get that far under the MH to try to fix the fresh water dump valve yet.  I'm starting to contemplate either buying some super jacks to jack it up, some super duty ramps or making something out of wood to drive it up on.  As you all may have noticed, I'm not very mechanically inclined.  So we'll see what I can get done this winter when the temps go down to 75 or so.
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2015, 02:23:53 AM »
Jerry, don't know about your Patriot, but we had the same problem with our 07 Contessa. On ours the control for the fresh water dump is located behind the Aqua Hot and can be accessed from the foremost bay which is just aft of the Aqua Hot. The problem simply was a loose connection between the motor and the valve.  Tightened things up and has been fine for the last 3 or 4 years.  If yours is the same, you should not need to risk crawling under the coach to repair.  Good luck!
07 Contessa
C9;400HP
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert

Jerry Emert

• BAC Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2015, 03:21:56 AM »
Jerry, don't know about your Patriot, but we had the same problem with our 07 Contessa. On ours the control for the fresh water dump is located behind the Aqua Hot and can be accessed from the foremost bay which is just aft of the Aqua Hot. The problem simply was a loose connection between the motor and the valve.  Tightened things up and has been fine for the last 3 or 4 years.  If yours is the same, you should not need to risk crawling under the coach to repair.  Good luck!

Would yours open but not close all the way or just not work at all?  Mine will open and dump but not necessarily close.  I haven't tried it since a friend (RV Mech.) got under and closed it.  I'll check behind that bay when I get a chance.  Not sure I would recognize it or not.  Thanks
Jerry
Jerry, Chief USN Retired
C-12 Ser#  2KS89983
4000MH

Don and Kathy DuCharme

• BAC Member
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2015, 01:23:29 AM »
Jerry, ours was the same as yours, would open but not close all the way.  I think you will recognize the valve control,  if you look where the drain pipe passes through the under carriage.
Don
07 Contessa
C9;400HP
The following users thanked this post: Jerry Emert