Author Topic: Powered Sun Visor Motor  (Read 5890 times)

Jerry Jayne

Powered Sun Visor Motor
« on: July 08, 2014, 03:57:58 PM »
My coach is a 42' 2009 Beaver Contessa.  It has a factory installed 12V powered Sun Visor and Black Out Shade assembly on the front windshield.  Each is on a separate roller with its own motor and powered up/down with separate switches on the left hand console.  My motor on the Sunvisor portion is apparently going bad (it has power measured with a meter, but barely moves the shade 1/4" or so).
Does anyone know the Mfg of that screen/shade assembly so I can get a new motor?
Jerry Jayne, Chicago, IL, jjayne@attglobal.net,  312-822-0493

LEAH DRAPER

Re: Powered Sun Visor Motor
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
Am not completely sure but think it may have been Carefree of CO.  However, you might give Jim Sizemore at RV OUTFITTERS in Bend, OR a call.  He replaces a lot of them, in fact he did mine when I changed over to the MCD front windshield shades.  His #is 541-312-9758.  www.rvoutfitters.net
He may have some motors from some he has replaced.
Leah

Larry Williams

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »
I concur with Leah's recommendation about contacting Jim Sizemore. He replaced my shade that had a broken mounting with one he had taken out of another coach. But it at first was not working right. He discovered that the scissor mechanism was binding and stalling the motor. Once he corrected the binding the motor worked fine. You might check that to see if that is what is wrong. The motor is designed to stall if binding. It may not be a failing motor as much as the mechanism is binding.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 06:41:56 PM by 21337 »

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 01:12:28 AM »
Does anyone have an email for Jim Sizemore?  They only offer on their website an email form rather than an address, and the form isn't working.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Richard McQuillan

• BAC Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2015, 02:35:13 AM »
Joel,
Here is the e-mail address I have for Jim Sizemore: rvoutfitters@bendcable.com
Dick McQuillan
2004 38' Monterey Huntington
The following users thanked this post: Joel Ashley

Steven Link

• BAC Member
    • whitehousevet.com
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 12:38:33 PM »
Jerry,
The manufacturer of your shade is MCD Innovations http://www.mcdinnovations.com/. These folks are great but it sounds like your shade does not have a failing motor but that it has lost its programming. Mine has done this and you have to go thru a procedure buy shorting the two programming wires at the end of the roller. The procedure is in the manual and you can find that here: http://www.mcdinnovations.com/downloads/MCD-AmDuo-OM-r6-1-4-website.pdf .  You could also call the folks at MCD they are very helpful at solving problems.
Hope this helps you!
Steven Link
Steven & Penny Link
Springfield, TN
2009 Marquis,  Cat C-15

Jerry Carr

• BAC Member
  • 06 Pat. Thunder Cat. C13
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 02:00:21 PM »
Jerry, I am pretty sure your motor came from MCD they did my rig 2 years ago, I would give them a call if the motor is bad, RV outfitters is a dealer for MCD located in Bend, OR. MCD is in TX. They (MCD) may be able to give you the name of a locale dealer in your area.
Regards,
Jerry Carr
Past Region 1 V.P.
Entegra Anthem
06 Pat. Thunder Cat C13