Author Topic: Side radiator access??  (Read 4229 times)

Dan Murphy

Side radiator access??
« on: July 19, 2014, 02:27:34 AM »
I have not been able to figure out how I can access the radiator on the 2009 Contessa. Can anyone offer a hint how I remove the panel in front so it can be cleaned?

Thanks
Dan

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
Re: Side radiator access??
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 09:09:15 AM »
If your Contessa is anything like our Monterey, the grill swings up when you remove bolts in each lower corner.

Joel
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Bill Sprague

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 04:17:41 PM »
If like mine, those bolts should be looked at anyway.  In 2004 Montereys, the bolts, screws and brackets there are pretty small for the size of the panel.  Vibration has caused mine to fail.  

Dan Murphy

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 03:30:22 AM »
I can find no bolts to loosen. I have looked all over and cannot figure out how to access behind the radiator cover.

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 03:50:18 AM »
Dan, keeping in mind that our coaches are different, mine are as shown in this picture. Look on the bottom of the "bay door". Its not really a bay door, but opens like one, with hinges at the top, and at the very bottom of the "door" where you cannot see without getting on your hands and knees are the bolts and nuts mentioned above. The "door" hinges are hidden. Took me awhile to figure it out too!  :)

Stan
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2014, 05:55:11 AM »
Yup, I've only had mine open once, when the A/C fan fell loose.  To my recollection, the one bolt at the bottom back took a little doing to zero in on.  That's not to say your rig might be different than ours.  Hopefully someone with an '09 Contessa will chime in with definitive info.   Note the embarrassingly rusty bolthead under the corner of my also shamefully filthy louvered panel;  that bolt and one like it at the other end should be what you are looking for, unless your panel is fastened differently.

Joel

Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat