Author Topic: Roof A/C flow volume  (Read 9213 times)

Larry Dedrick

• BAC Member
Re: Roof A/C flow volume
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 05:22:49 AM »
Gentlemen:
            Thanks for all the information and suggestions. I will pursue this problem at a later date. I do believe it is a duct problem but right now i am having too much fun on the Beaver Ale Trail. If i track this to a specific fault or defect I will post what I find.

Thanks again for all the advice:          Larry D
Laura/Larry Dedrick
Ormond Beach, FL
2008 Beaver Marq. Amethyst
Cat C15

Larry Williams

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 08:58:34 PM »
Quote from: Gerald Farris
Since your roof A/C units are an aftermarket installation (your coach originally came with basement A/C), it is impossible to say what your problem is without inspecting the coach.

Gerald  
Gerald,

I have a little off-topic but related question. You say the 2001 Marquis came with basement air. Why would anyone convert from basement air to rooftop? Is there something inherently wrong with basement air? Is it prone to failure or something? I have noticed that the newer Beavers and other newer coaches all seem to have rooftop air. Just curious.

Larry

Gerald Farris

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 11:18:09 PM »
Larry,
Call me (713-254-4156) and I will explain all of the variables including the pros and cons between the different system designs. It is too involved to go into here, and there is probable very little of the information that others would find interesting.

I will be in the Pacific time zone for the next several weeks.

Gerald

Larry Williams

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2014, 08:07:21 PM »
Gerald,

Thanks for the offer. It's not that important. I am not considering another MH, I was just curious.

Larry