Author Topic: Paint Colors Needed  (Read 9304 times)

Les Brandt

Paint Colors Needed
« on: August 24, 2014, 01:56:23 AM »
In all the paperwork I got for this coach, I can't find the paint schematic numbers anywhere. Would someone have the same coach colors as me and be able to supply me with them? I plan on doing some work on my coach this spring and would like to give the body shop the paint numbers and supplier.

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
Re: Paint Colors Needed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:03 AM »
Les,

The color codes may be behind the cabinet door above the sink in the kitchen.  That is were they are on my coach.

Karl
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 02:04:37 AM »
My coach's paint and paint scheme is located on the back of a kitchen cabinet door.  This is a link to an entry I made in March 2014.  You may find something of value in the thread.

http://forum.bacrallies.com/m-1394245658/s-1/highlight-coach+paint+colors/#num1
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Les Brandt

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 02:19:33 AM »
Well I'll be....do you how many times I've opened that cupboard door and never noticed the sticker!

Thanks for the tips as always guys!

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2014, 03:09:16 AM »
Hey... I can help with the easy questions.  Keep 'em coming.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Karl Welhart

• BAC Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2014, 03:12:30 AM »
Les,

Be sure and tell your body shop guy that this paint is R&M Diamont.  

Karl
Karl and Nancy Welhart, F36017
2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP (2014-current)
2002 Patriot (2002-2014)
1997 Monterey (1997-2002)
Niceville, Florida

Joel Weiss

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2014, 03:20:16 AM »
I guess a body shop can interpret those numbers, but one thing I discovered (at least on my coach) is that the color designated as "base" sure isn't the one of the three paints that I would have assumed was the base.  I even had a guy at a paint shop in Bend that supplied the paints send me copies of the paint "schematic" and it doesn't seem to match what is there either and it sure doesn't match what's on the cabinet sticker!  His drawings show the paints as being re-ordered compared to the way they are on mine.

All I can assume is that there was a high degree of variability with respect to what got painted and what got written down!

Gerald Farris

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2014, 03:32:40 AM »
Les,
Even though the paint numbers are very helpful, you will probably need to have the paint color matched because of the 13 years of sun fading. Most large body shops today can use a computer to match you color, regardless of how much fading there is. For other shops it is just trial and error.

Cars have a problem with different levels of fading, in that the upper panels that face the sun on a teenage car can be one color, and the sides can be several shades darker, especially in the desert Southwest. However, since you do not see the part of a coach that faces the sun, (the roof) that is usually not a problem.

Gerald

« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 08:58:50 PM by 14 »

Stan Simpson

• BAC Member
  • One mile South of the Cheddar Curtain
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 05:25:41 PM »
Large body shops will have a spectrometer that will match today's color exactly.
Stan Simpson & Becky Glover & Moe the cat
2005 Monterey Laguna IV
C9 400 Cat
Honda CRV toad

Les Brandt

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2014, 06:14:48 PM »
I have a great body shop here. The areas I have to deal with, with the exception of the back bumper, thankfully, do not require full sides. The bottom back and bottom two sides down to the rear will have to be done. The bumper story is below:

Well, as far as the Brandt's calamities go this trip, it's been relatively quiet. I hope this isn't the calm before the storm! LOL Although....

We have arrived at Caplillano RV Park in Vancouver. At registering, the desk clerk warned us about a pack of ferocious cedar trees on the loose in the campground. She said "Avoid them at all costs"!

While backing into our site, I saw one of them running up and lunging at the rear bumper. I slammed on my brakes and thought I had avoided them knowing how vicious they are. They still managed to take a bite at the Fiberglas bumper.
Thankfully, the previous owner had a run in with a relative of the same species before. There was already a scar there and I guess I opened the wound a bit. I had already planned on going to the RV Doctor for diagnosis of the affected area. The surgery is operable so it will likely be a few days in the hospital with recovery. Not sure if Medi-care will cover this.

Joel Ashley

• BAC Member
  • OSU Class of '73, Oregon Native. RVing 39 years
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2014, 06:43:36 PM »
You should set out some traps, Les.  Red cedar from Canada now fetches quite a high price around the country.  
Canadians are known world-wide for their trapping prowess. You should earn enough to pay for the doctor bills.

Joel

By the way, Beavers usually go for willow saplings, not cedar trees.  You might want to have the the doctor check that too.
Joel and Lee Rae Ashley
Clackamas, Oregon
36.9 ft. 2006 Monterey Ventura IV, aka"Monty Rae"
C9 400HP Cat

Les Brandt

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2014, 07:05:41 PM »
Good advise Joel! LOL

Keith Oliver

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 05:13:48 AM »
I had an owwie from a tree attack at the top of the rear cap.  I fixed it and in order to match the paint, went with my paint codes to a body shop for a small pot of the correct colour.  I was told that the shop couldn't get that paint, so would need to do a custom match for me, but advised against it.  Their suggestion was to go to the largest Lordco (like a NAPA) and get them to order a single spray can.  I did just that.  Once I had spent a while holding a piece of trim against the paint swatches, I thought the closes match was a Nissan colour, so that is what I ordered.  When I had painted over the repair, the match was so good even I cant tell there has been a repair.  $30 for one spray can, but worth every cent.