Author Topic: HYDRO HOT question  (Read 4291 times)

Jim Shaw

HYDRO HOT question
« on: October 28, 2014, 06:05:55 PM »
Getting ready to take a short trip and decided to make sure all systems were working.  Turned on the Hydro Hot and have hot water but the furnace is not coming on in the front or rear. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the furnace or any idea's why the hot water works, bur not the furnace? Thanks for any help. My coach is a 2003 Beaver Monterey.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 06:07:01 AM by 8439 »

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
Re: HYDRO HOT question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:34:47 PM »
You have hot water from the electric element or from the diesel burner, or both are working?

When you say the furnace is not working, is that to say the furnace fans will not run and push air?

I am not sure how your heating system is compared to mine.  I have to switch on the electric element at the main 110v panel and/or switch on the diesel burner.  From the bedroom thermostat I have to select either zone 2 or zone 3, then select "Furnace," then set a minimum temperature to maintain.  My bedroom thermostat is a two-zone control.
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Keith Duner

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:14:56 PM »
Certainly not an expert here but we had a similar occurrence on our 2005 Monterey.  Turned out the check valves for the two heating zones were stuck.  Believe it or not, we had a professional service call and the gentleman simply whacked the two pipes that feed the two zones with a wrench to free them up (on our coach the actual valves are just inside the external metal housing below the pipes that run to two zones in the coach).  Went from zero to heat in the coach in no time.  Again, not an expert but worth a try.

Jim Shaw

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 08:01:06 PM »
I have to go to furnace mode on my thermostats and have a separate switch for high and low speed fan. I believe the problem is only that the fans do not come on. That is why I am wondering if there is a fuse for the fans.
Thanks
Jim

David T. Richelderfer

• David, Leslie, Jasper, & JoJo
  • BAC Member
  • OSU, Class of 1971, RVing nearly 50 years
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 08:42:01 PM »
There should be a fan speed switch separate from the thermostats for the floor furnace fans.  I have a switch for each of my three "upstairs" heating zones.  The switches are three position switches - Hi, Off, Lo.  The fan speed setting on the thermostats controls only the rooftop a/c-heat pump units.  My zone 1 floor furnace fan switch is under the lip of the Corian countertop in front of the sink.  The zone 2 switch is on the wall of the bathroom - not in the loo, but opposite the loo door.  The zone 3 switch is on the wall where all the bedroom light switches, slide in/out switch, etc. are located.

If any of those three separate fan speed switches are in the OFF position, then the fans will not turn on in the zone corresponding to the zone switch.  I do not know if, nor where, a fuse might be found for the fans.  And I do not know if there is a breaker for the fans in my main 12v breaker panel.  But I will take a look around this afternoon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:12:10 PM by 9124 »
2004 Beaver Marquis Sapphire

I had a dream... then I lived it!

Orman Claxton

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 04:16:16 AM »
Hot water has priority over heat,
Check the limit switch in the rear of  your unit, no heat if switch is bad